triton milk container leaking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on Jimmy you know better than that, there switch was never about the environment. All about maximizing profits using cheaper containers.
Come on Jimmy you know better than that, there switch was never about the environment. All about maximizing profits using cheaper containers.
There is/was a post/message where they said they switched to be more environmentally friendly... but profits make more sense now I think about it more.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is/was a post/message where they said they switched to be more environmentally friendly... but profits make more sense now I think about it more.
It's probably a combination of both in reality but it's all conjecture from our vantage point. However, why does it matter either way...

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triton has made my tank awesome and easy to maintain so they are cool in my book
Just because u didn’t have luck with it doesn’t mean you should blast them about it esp over something that happened almost two years ago
We all had leaky containers but I find it hard that it ruined your tank

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your input. We have become accustomed to the negativity and trolling on these types of forums worldwide. Truth be told this issue was solved over 18 months ago when we shifted to powdered products and improved packaging during shipment.

TRITON remains proud of being the first aquarium company to make the move towards sustainable packaging. We will never be afraid of making innovative decisions that help reduce the amount of plastic that inevitably ends up polluting the very oceans where most of our animals are sourced.

Now for some real facts...

TRITON, unlike most other companies in the industry, produce almost all of our products and all are packed in-house. This allows us to design supplements and treatments specifically for reef aquariums, maintaining our intellectual property and ensuring that we cannot be copied and our products remain unique.

In answer to the above misinformation that this form of packaging is somehow cheaper to produce and aimed at maximising our profits, TRITON invested over US$660,000 to purchase the tetra carton machine. The move to sustainable packaging came at great cost to our company.

Please keep in mind that, along with many other ground breaking innovations, TRITON is the first company that developed its own method for testing aquarium water via ICP-OES and proved it's application and benefits to reef husbandry. We were the first company to research and allow aquarists to manage trace elements in the home aquarium and now with N-DOC are providing the first true insights into nutrient management.

TRITON's innovations and actions to date shows that we care less about profits and more about the success of our users and the animals in their tanks than any other aquarium company worldwide.
Far from a troll. "Ain't nobody got time for that". Call me "Salty" I dont care. Everytime I see Triton mentioned or brought up or someone asking if they should use it. I will HIGHLY suggest they RUN as far away as possible. They do not have to listen, but I will give my $0.02 and my past experience. History has a funny way of repeating itself. I dont even want to get started on the ICP test kits that I sent in and you guys lost. I'll admit it, Your products are truly amazing and like no other. I would love to use them again because they are GREAT. I just do not trust the company or the packaging.

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triton has made my tank awesome and easy to maintain so they are cool in my book
Just because u didn’t have luck with it doesn’t mean you should blast them about it esp over something that happened almost two years ago
We all had leaky containers but I find it hard that it ruined your tank

I had 3 batches back to back of leaky containers....some of which were completely empty. Then their shortage happened due to this issue. You could not find the product anywhere. My tank was going downhill fast. Alk plummeted since I had nothing to dose. I'm glad you are having great success with it! Just giving my opinion.

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triton makes great products and has always stood behind any issues in my experience. I've received some leaking containers myself back in the day and was promptly shipped new ones (I haven't had any issues in over a year now though). Why the hate? Last time we went through this negativity Triton vanished from the forums.... let's not repeat the harassment to the point that they leave the forums again please.

I agree with you 100%. Triton makes GREAT products. No hatred or harassment here. I'm just stating my past experience and opinion. Trying to let the new reefers on here know about the containers and the issues that I ran into in the past and to just be aware when choosing this product. If I'm not allowed to throw my $0.02 in when I feel it's necessary or let new reefers know about past/current known issues with a product please someone let me know.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with you 100%. Triton makes GREAT products. No hatred or harassment here. I'm just stating my past experience and opinion. Trying to let the new reefers on here know about the containers and the issues that I ran into in the past and to just be aware when choosing this product. If I'm not allowed to throw my $0.02 in when I feel it's necessary or let new reefers know about past/current known issues with a product please someone let me know.
Imagine you started a business, spent millions dollars and an enormous amount of effort to bring groundbreaking new products to market and unfortunately ran into issues like this that cost you a lot of money and many clients years ago. You finally get beyond the issues yet you are constantly reminded by the few that just can't let a few leaking containers go.

All I'm saying is, put yourself in their shoes. The events you're reminding people of were unfortunate for all parties and now well in the past. I can attest as a very heavy user of Triton products, currently, that it has been a loooong time since I've received a defective container (or heard of issues by others).

But this is just my $0.02. Not really trying to debate...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from.. Im not trying to debate either. I'm just simply stating my opinion on the matter from my experience whether its 20 years ago or yesterday.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a quote from another post from the last poster that says everything what he/she is up too. However I must stress that I at the same time must give mr/mrs/miss Lee a credit for not hiding what he/she aiming at.

It is my life goal to let everyone know about how horrible this company is and to please do not support them by buying any of their products.

Another quote

I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from
(my bold)

Does this matter? I´m from Sweden - maybe it best that I shout my mouth and go back to my Swedish forum?

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's no secret I'm not a fan of Triton. Anyone can look at any of my posts where I highly recommend not using Triton because of their containers and the issues I had as well as many others. If I have a horrible experience with a product/service I like to let people know. If I have a great experience with a product/service i like to let people know. That's what I'm up to.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's no secret I'm not a fan of Triton. Anyone can look at any of my posts where I highly recommend not using Triton because of their containers and the issues I had as well as many others. If I have a horrible experience with a product/service I like to let people know. If I have a great experience with a product/service i like to let people know. That's what I'm up to.

And I have totally the opposite experiences ant points of view. However - I have not as a goal that in every thread about Balling methods or additives (there I have negative experiences of using certain brands, but if this experiences is due to bad products or my own way of use it - I can´t say) argue for use of Triton products instead for the ones I have bad experiences of.

That´s the differences between us

Sincerely Lasse

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TRITON appreciates all feedback but I think you are on the wrong forum. R2R has one called Vendor Feedback for posts of this nature.

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a quote from another post from the last poster that says everything what he/she is up too. However I must stress that I at the same time must give mr/mrs/miss Lee a credit for not hiding what he/she aiming at.

Another quote
Jimmy Lee said:
I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from

(my bold)

Does this matter? I´m from Sweden - maybe it best that I shout my mouth and go back to my Swedish forum?

Sincerely Lasse

“I know where you are coming from” is not a reference to someone’s physical location or nationality, it means that I understand your mindset and why you hold the mental position/thoughts you have. It is a persons way of saying I understand why you are thinking this way.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“I know where you are coming from” is not a reference to someone’s physical location or nationality, it means that I understand your mindset and why you hold the mental position/thoughts you have. It is a persons way of saying I understand why you are thinking this way.
Thank you for this information. Direct translated into Swedish it will have a different meaning. That's the reason why I missed the real meaning. @Jimmy Lee - I'm sorry I missunderstand.

Sincerely Lasse

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so heres my .02.

Yes the Triton system had some issues maybe still has some issues.
There have been leaking containers, product shortages, some misinformation, yada, yada, yada.

Some here have had serious costly problems and some have had their tanks crash with total die off.

Ok well, fork, yes that's a huge disappointment to have such failures.
We all understand the total bitterness and hatred that these things bring out in us personally.

I wanted to use the Triton method after doing the research, but I held off starting my tank for over a year because of these problems. Finally I was sick of waiting for Triton to get its problems solved and was getting set to go to a different route, when they finally got it together.

But Triton did not leave us drowning did they.
They took steps to solve the leaking containers. Also the products were replaced no questions and no charges, but why give them any credit for that.
After all they don't care about anything but profit, not the customer.
Was it as fast as it should have been? No.

Distribution well there's another issue, yes not so quickly resolved but resolved it was, and currently there is no longer the concern over can I get the products.
But why give them credit for that. After all they don't care about anything but profit, not the customer.

The idea of a company wanting to make a profit. I mean really what the heck how dare they.
I ask each and every one of you here if you start your own business then, I am quite positive you have absolutely no intention of making a profit at all ever.
In fact I think its a crime for everyone who owns something like a home, to sell it for more than what they bought it for. Because how unscrupulous it is to profit on that I tell you. You all should be ashamed of thinking on making profit. OH wait, sorry of course its ok if YOU make money, I get it just not others. Like it or not its the same principal just a different scenario.

Lets do some fact checking.
Has Triton had some serious issues? YES
Has Triton caused some to have total tank loss? YES

Has Triton done what they could to rectify the initial problems? YES
Has Triton done it in a timely manner? MAYBE

Is Triton the new kid on the block with the introduction of the ICP testing? YES
Do non Triton method users now consider ICP testing to be of great value and a base line to use? YES

I DON'T feel that one tainted on Triton (Or anything) SHOULD BE SILENT, but I do say they SHOULD BE RELEVENT in that complaint. If today they still had leaky containers and no distribution then yes that would be relevant, and the arguments here would be considered relevant. Thank you for playing. Keyboard commando rant done.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a number of leaky Triton cartons The company apologised profusely and went out of their way to ensure that I didn't run out as best they could. I gave feedback on how they might want to resolve some issues. I've received a number of shipments of Triton since and none have leaked due to improved packaging and resolving the issues.

I have shelves of Triton cartons in my reefing cupboard for over a year now and although I really would like them to use resealable cartons, none of them have leaked.

My advice to Jimmy: Move on fella. Rid yourself of the negativity and hate. It does you no credit and gets you nothing in return.

Happy reefing all!

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish they would bring the old bottles back, but after spending 660K on that machine...looks like we’re stuck with the milk cartons. :)

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just spent the money and got the plastic containers your gonna use it anyway

So far it’s lasted me a year plus

Back