triton milk container leaking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had leaky containers. I called BRS. They sent new contrainter no questions asked. It took 5 minutes of my time. I saved what I could of the leaky ones. No big deal. In fact I got brand new full containers and what was left in the leaking ones. You guys chill out or move on. They make good on all defective stuff. Good to go

Good to know. I stand corrected. @Triton has put the onus on their customers AND their distributors. I am certain BRS is thrilled as is UC or any other retail outlet that has to deal with making replacements.

@Triton, I have personal experience as a former client with Charles Barker out of Frankfurt. An unsolicited endorsement; they are a superb PR firm. From their website:

"To be successful in the marketplace over the long term it is essential to differentiate the unique value of the business and its products from the competition. The business's reputation, which is made up of the sum of all the public perceptions of the business, plays a decisive role in this respect. Reputation is always inseparably linked with trust. We support you in clearly differentiating your business, its strategy and products, convey that positioning to specific target groups and thus positively contribute to your company’s public perception. Coupled with transparency, honesty, and reliability in communications, this enables trust to be improved, reinforced and built up sustainably.

A positive corporate reputation not only impacts favourably on the company valuation and the way employees, customers, suppliers and the public at large judge you and establish relationships – it is a decisive element, particularly in the event of a crisis, that allows you to communicate messages credibly."

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most reputable businesses once they realized they had this issue would have sent all the item batch numbers they new were defective to their dealers and told their dealers to pull them from the shelf and trash them. For Triton to pull something like this, leaving the mess for the customer to deal with is super shady to say the least.

Goodgreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I dont blame the distributor retailers. Both BRS and UniqueCorals have had to replace mine. It's just not a feasible option if I can't get a steady supply when my containers are almost bone dry in a hobby that thrives on stability.

Jaculus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going through 65ml of each Core7 part each day. Very heavily populated SPS/LPS 200 gal system. IN my case I will be purchasing the 10L jugs to save money. Can you guys confirm the 10L product will NOT be paper? I, like others, got a set of 1L milk cartons that leaked. I lost about 15% of the product in two bottles and BRS so graciously covered the replacement.

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point I don't think we will hear from @Triton. Obviously the mode of communication is not to communicate and hope this blows over and goes away... transparency, honesty and reliability of communication; none are happening at this point.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point I don't think we will hear from @Triton. Obviously the mode of communication is not to communicate and hope this blows over and goes away... transparency, honesty and reliability of communication; none are happening at this point.
If you want to tag me please use my full name in the tag, @Triton does not send me a notification.

Ok to explain again.

The decision was made to replace any faulty containers no questions asked through the retail network and this would be done at no cost to the customer, in most if not all cases the damaged containers we not asked to be returned to the retailers. So again there was no cost to the customer. BRS, Unique and all of our retail network have been fantastic in their support during this difficult period.

To the reason why there was not a complete product recall, please remember that our products our made by us, not shipped out to a factory and mass produced elsewhere. A tiny amount of the produced units were affected by this fault and if we removed the entire batch then there would have been no Core7 in the country at all.

It took time to fix the manufacturing problem and obviously a lot more testing was done to prove the fix. Once that was out of the way the production was restarted.

There may be the odd old batch container still in circulation, but again as soon as they are found they are replaced without exception, at no cost to the customer.

As for the

transparency, honesty and reliability of communication; none are happening at this point.

Please look around our media outlets and you will see the has been spoken about at length many many times by us, we have been nothing but transparent and honest and open to communication as always.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim@Triton,

Will new shipments that are arriving at retailers now not have this problem?
All newly produced containers have been fixed, there may however be some still in the system and these will be replaced if proven to be leaking. Of course damage can occur by mishandling but that would be a different issue.

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please look around our media outlets and you will see the has been spoken about at length many many times by us, we have been nothing but transparent and honest and open to communication as always.
Tim@Triton, no argument the problem is being discussed on social media. The issue stems from those discussions being pulled into the mainstream from end users with leaking cartons rather than Triton proactively pushing information to its users. Was there a announcement made here on R2R? Your Facebook page? Not that I am aware of as this post is written. What about the same channels used to announce the new environmentally sound packaging?

Waiting to get caught and having your customers bring the issue to light is absolutely the antithesis of transparency. Trying to defend that decision only grinds out questions regarding the integrity and reliability of Triton's communications and ultimately the reputation of the firm.

Obviously Triton accepted a modicum of responsibility, albeit passive. Perception and reality are often different and unfortunately my perception (and I'm not alone apparently) is you tried to hide the problem and didn't attempt enough on the front end to solve it. As for shortages for swapping out bad packaging, I learned early on when the Core 7 products were first introduced to the US to hoard them when available because there were serious shortages.

I am being absolutely serious when I recommend you hire a PR firm. The money spent will more than offset the business you loose by thinking there is no problem with how this is being handled.

M

mdd1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim@Triton, no argument the problem is being discussed on social media. The issue stems from those discussions being pulled into the mainstream from end users with leaking cartons rather than Triton proactively pushing information to its users. Was there a announcement made here on R2R? Your Facebook page? Not that I am aware of as this post is written. What about the same channels used to announce the new environmentally sound packaging?

Waiting to get caught and having your customers bring the issue to light is absolutely the antithesis of transparency. Trying to defend that decision only grinds out questions regarding the integrity and reliability of Triton's communications and ultimately the reputation of the firm.

Obviously Triton accepted a modicum of responsibility, albeit passive. Perception and reality are often different and unfortunately my perception (and I'm not alone apparently) is you tried to hide the problem and didn't attempt enough on the front end to solve it. As for shortages for swapping out bad packaging, I learned early on when the Core 7 products were first introduced to the US to hoard them when available because there were serious shortages.

I am being absolutely serious when I recommend you hire a PR firm. The money spent will more than offset the business you loose by thinking there is no problem with how this is being handled.

M

Honestly what do you want them to do at this point? You are making this out to be a huge problem when it really isn't. Most people are perfectly fine just getting a free replacement. You seem to be only one that has an issue here.

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in awe over what people complain about........................

You would think their children were given the wrong medication.......on purpose.

M

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The problem was brought to our attention by our customers, they contacted us via our social media channels and email, therefore that is how is was communicated. As soon as it became apparent it was not an isolated incident production was ceased and information was given to all wholesalers/retailers to replace affected units immediately. I do not know of one case of anybody having the problem and just ignoring it and hoping for the best.

I stress again, it was a small amount of the overall product that was affected and please remember that you are all part of an echo chamber, whether on here or on Facebook, only the people who were affected came forward. Each case was dealt with personally ensuring that no individual was out of pocket and any disruption kept to a minimum. If anyone out there feels that they have not been treated fairly then please email me personally at [email protected]

We are well aware of the damage this has caused to our reputation to some customers and we apologise whole heartedly, no-one feels more disappointed and let down than us I can assure you! But have faith that we will come back stronger from this and are learning everyday more ways to improve our products and services and any criticism (constructive or otherwise) is taken on board and considered seriously.

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, the faulty seal is not turning me off as much as the change to 'eco friendly' packaging in general. Why exactly was this done and how much extra per set of 1L Core7 would us customers have to pay to have the white HDPE containers remain as the standard packaging. Those things were bomb proof and let me say I go through a lot of Core7. Have only been using it for about 3 months so far and have chewed through at least 17 sets of the stuff. It has produced excellent results and I really like the supplements themselves, but this packaging change is a massive turn off. I expect to have a lot more damage in shipping from rough handling with the new packaging. I've already invested in a 10 Liter set, but would really prefer to use the 1L size for my convenience.

I suspect the eco friendly line is slang for increased profit margins. I have no problem with improving profitability of a popular product, but please don't compromise the quality of a product already aimed at the premium reef market. I and my customers would happily pay a dollar or two more if that's what it took to retain durable containers for the supplements.

Very turned off as a customer by this change and am considering switching back to bulk DIY mix supplements.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, the faulty seal is not turning me off as much as the change to 'eco friendly' packaging in general. Why exactly was this done and how much extra per set of 1L Core7 would us customers have to pay to have the white HDPE containers remain as the standard packaging. Those things were bomb proof and let me say I go through a lot of Core7. Have only been using it for about 3 months so far and have chewed through at least 17 sets of the stuff. It has produced excellent results and I really like the supplements themselves, but this packaging change is a massive turn off. I expect to have a lot more damage in shipping from rough handling with the new packaging. I've already invested in a 10 Liter set, but would really prefer to use the 1L size for my convenience.

I suspect the eco friendly line is slang for increased profit margins. I have no problem with improving profitability of a popular product, but please don't compromise the quality of a product already aimed at the premium reef market. I and my customers would happily pay a dollar or two more if that's what it took to retain durable containers for the supplements.

Very turned off as a customer by this change and am considering switching back to bulk DIY mix supplements.
If you have been through 17 sets already then surely you have plenty of empty bottles to re-use and use the cartons as refills like they are intended.

The eco friendly line as you put it is just one of the many reasons that the change was made, reduction in plastic, massively reduced carbon footprint for transport, production, and storage, and also scaleability for production. We make all the products ourselves in house, we do not just get a company out in Eastern Europe to create the products for us and stick our name on it like other companies do, that way we can gaurentee that our products are of the highest standard, with that said with the ever increasing demand for the products there was no way that we could produce enough product with the old packaging as the storage requirements for the empty bottles alone were bigger than the whole facility! The new packaging has enabled us to produce a lot more. As for profit margins you can see that we have already dropped the MAP in Europe and the rest of the world will most likely follow in the future once importing overheads are reduced.

Benga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait so do these things only leak after they've been opened?
If not then how would someone at Triton not have seen the ones in storage leaking?

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait so do these things only leak after they've been opened?
If not then how would someone at Triton not have seen the ones in storage leaking?
No, they leak due to an error during production which caused a problem with the sealing surfaces meaning some of them failed over a certain time period or if they were mishandled. As the error appeared after the initial testing period containers were manufactured, packed, and shipped. The problem was discovered and production ceased, replacements were issued for faulty units.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snapshot of my fridge today

package.jpg

And so it has looked at least the last 20 years regarding packaging of liquids in Sweden.
Leakage? - yes maybe one every teen year

Thank you for also introduce this industry to the 21st century :)

Sincerely Lasse

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back