Triton Progress Pictures

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
gpwdr

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pasted Graphic.jpg

Attachments

• TRITON_error_crection_sheet.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 420
OP
OP
gpwdr

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were coming up on 3 years using the Triton Reef Keeping Method and its time to do some serious pruning. I bought a 2 foot stainless steel bar and ground down a bevel end to make it into a chisel.
So these are the fragging tools to use.

P9020001.JPG

Last edited:

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SOOO AMazing. I was going to do the Zeovit system but after further reading and seeing your tank's progress. I'm switching to the Triton Method.
My tank just hit the 1.25 year mark and my Acropora is not dieing but its not thriving. It stays colored up but not as bright as when I purchased it. My tank has a nutrient problem. I can grow Digitata like crazy but time to try the triton method and grow Acropora now and bring back to life my brown acro frags.
Thank you for this post!!
I love your tank.

OP
OP
gpwdr

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SOOO AMazing. I was going to do the Zeovit system but after further reading and seeing your tank's progress. I'm switching to the Triton Method.
My tank just hit the 1.25 year mark and my Acropora is not dieing but its not thriving. It stays colored up but not as bright as when I purchased it. My tank has a nutrient problem. I can grow Digitata like crazy but time to try the triton method and grow Acropora now and bring back to life my brown acro frags.
Thank you for this post!!
I love your tank.
You won't be disappointed, welcome to the Triton Tribe.

wopadobop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally i found someone with cold hard evidence that this system works. I mean Ehsans tank looks great . but you never see the filtration for it and he owns the company. Doesnt count in my book.

I recently switched off the zeovit system as i just couldnt keep enough phosphate in the system. nitrates spiked from the imbalance and well... everything went white. including my rock.

have you had to run al99 phosphate remover with this system? or is that just a recommendation?
do you prune back your algae or let it die off and grow as they suggest?

tank looks fantastic . that is a ton of growth for 2 years.

OP
OP
gpwdr

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run Al99 for two months then change it to Rowaphos for two months in a cycle. I don't prune the algae, it acts like a filter sock and takes care of the detritus. It's like having an unchangeable filter sock.
The tank is coming up on three years in December.
The "ORA Green Tip Orange Birdnest (Seriatopora sp.)" has spawned and there are tiny babies growing all over the bare rock.
Thanks for the compliment but really all I did was follow the easy Triton Method directions.

redwingrob40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank, your corals look amazing!! Thank you for sharing your tank and it's success, it speaks of how effective the Triton method can be. I will be looking into restarting my 150 using the triton method and I hope that my results will be as good as yours. Thanks again for the updates and motivation!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I lowered the iodine dosing and raised the strontium dosing for two weeks prior to a major hacking, chiseling, and breaking out the over growth.

I'm curious whether you believe you observed an improvement in the two weeks after dosing those two (I am not convinced either are useful). :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome job!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 149 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 66 26.9%
Back