Triton Results, Mixed Results

bucfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had my first Triton results and it has confirmed that even after nearly 2 years of trying to treat the phosphate leaching from my old live rocks, I still have a long way to go. Also detected some copper so will check all my magnets. Are the other elements something to worry about and overall, is this good/bad compared to other people's tests?
https://www.triton-lab.de/en/showroom/aquarium/auswertung-b/icp-oes/64195
Just saw this post. Did you figure out if Rowaphos caused copper in the tank. I tested both RO and tank water. RO water is free of any copper/heavy metals but tank water has heavy metals and copper is high. I cannot understand what could be leaching copper into the aquarium.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw this post. Did you figure out if Rowaphos caused copper in the tank. I tested both RO and tank water. RO water is free of any copper/heavy metals but tank water has heavy metals and copper is high. I cannot understand what could be leaching copper into the aquarium.

How high of copper?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think that level is a problem, although definitive levels being OK or not is not possible since it varies by chemical form, which ICP cannot provide. My tank had 11-15 ppb copper at one time and I was not concerned.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
'd love to know how you guys deal with deploying a model in terms of the batching. For example if you deploy a simple classification model that takes an image or a link to an image, and responds with its class as REST api or whatever, is the only way to do it in batches of size one? If I'm getting multiple requests at the same time how do you batch things so as to have higher Nox Vidmate VLC throughput?

Is this a mistake post? I cannot make heads or tails of it. :)

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue I had with Zinc turned out to be in the Reef Crystals salt itself I mixed some salt with RO/DI and sent the sample for ICP testing and here was the results -

I contacted Reef Cystals and gave them the results but they showed no interest in the problem. I therefore put the remainder in the trash and switched brands and will never use their salt again. As you will see from ICP test, there was some copper in the newly mixed salt as well.

Hope that helps.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue I had with Zinc turned out to be in the Reef Crystals salt itself I mixed some salt with RO/DI and sent the sample for ICP testing and here was the results -

I contacted Reef Cystals and gave them the results but they showed no interest in the problem. I therefore put the remainder in the trash and switched brands and will never use their salt again. As you will see from ICP test, there was some copper in the newly mixed salt as well.

Hope that helps.

You verified that these elements could not have come from any other source by the salt? Not the mixing container or the water or the pump, etc.?

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You verified that these elements could not have come from any other source by the salt? Not the mixing container or the water or the pump, etc.?
Correct. All I changed was the salt, the containers kept the same, no pumps have changed and after a few big water changes, a few months later with different salt, I had the water tested again and here was the results.

I have never seen Zinc ever again. I have a Tin issue now which I think is coming from the air tubing I use for dosing?

Back