Triton sump - Trigger or Synergy Reef?

Heuey51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see all baffles and dividers are black to block light from the fuge area. I like the alge guard going from the fuge to the skimmer area. This is the 48 inch model going under a 180 the fuge holds I think 21 gallons and the skimmer area is huge. All bulkhead and heater holders and dosing fittings were included not extra like son other builders, shipping was included.thwy have a full line from small to large of sock sumps, trition sumps, also red sea reefer sumps. The build quality is great. Fit and finish is great. And I think it will function well, it's well laid out with plenty of room.

Heuey51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both fuge level and skimmer level are adjustable. Sorry for the platform of the pics it's on an open box in the garage for now till a few weeks when it goes under the tank. In the process of refinishing the stand.

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would of liked a black panel on end to keep light from Fuge in sump not in stand. Does it look like you can get debri out of return box?

Heuey51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would of liked a black panel on end to keep light from Fuge in sump not in stand. Does it look like you can get debri out of return box?
There is, one of the black panels is on the splash box to keep light put of there and the other is one of the baffles between the fuge and the skimmer compartment, this is shown in the second photo, there is a clear movable baffle that directs flow and holds your macro alge in the fuge this is clear but then it is attached to a blacked out divider between the fuge and skimmer I'll se if I can get a better photo later.

OP
OP
Steve P

Steve P

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heuey51 thanks for the pics. I have a RFQ in to them for a 150gal/sump/ATO/dosing. I think they look competitive for sure.

I can't tell enough by the pics but what can you tell us on the cut edges? Are they polished? Seems look good?

I would have most likely went with Synergy Reef based on their fit and finish along with color options, but I'm open to these people for sure.

Heuey51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heuey51 thanks for the pics. I have a RFQ in to them for a 150gal/sump/ATO/dosing. I think they look competitive for sure.

I can't tell enough by the pics but what can you tell us on the cut edges? Are they polished? Seems look good?

I would have most likely went with Synergy Reef based on their fit and finish along with color options, but I'm open to these people for sure.
You will want to talk to Julian remember they are in Washington state so Pacific time and he works I. The evening this is always when I would be able to get a hold of him. Tell him jayson sent you. The seems are very good the rim where it's routed is very good mine had one small tool blemish on it but I don't notice it... however it is not polished. But give Julian some feedback they have been building tanks and sumps for some time and are open to doing this and ideas to make their product better and get their name out there

Pivitol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While not a Triton sump, recently i have been shopping sumps and for me the Bashsea has been the front runner, price, features, and materials used are hard to beat.

Heuey51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While not a Triton sump, recently i have been shopping sumps and for me the Bashsea has been the front runner, price, features, and materials used are hard to beat.
They are awesome. Wait till you see one in person.

OP
OP
Steve P

Steve P

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the $150 is a huge edge, thanks for option

It's more than that for the TS-44. $929.96 with the probe/heater holders and shipping. Crystal Reef is $699.95 shipped.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Nickels worth, I have a Bashsea and a Trigger sump, Both are great and do what they advertise . The Trigger is Mass produced so don't expect a custom look or feel and is the best bang for your buck if you account for
any sales, discounts and Points. The Bashsea is Like a Detroit Muscle car, It can compete with the Euro Dream cars at half the price. Getting a custom trident sump might be tiresome but doable also it my not be exactly what you ask for so be sure to nail down the details. It took me a month but i'm local. If I ever buy another sump it will be a Bashsea, after all their the Home team and One of the top 2. I have never owned a Synergy but from what i see, The Synergy is that Dream Car! You can see the custom touches and details are Inspired by Current reefing pro's and Incorporate the latest trends and methods into them.....Corvette or Chevette?

OP
OP
Steve P

Steve P

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Nickels worth, I have a Bashsea and a Trigger sump, Both are great and do what they advertise . The Trigger is Mass produced so don't expect a custom look or feel and is the best bang for your buck if you account for
any sales, discounts and Points. I have never owned a Synergy but from what i see, The Synergy is that Dream Car! You can see the custom touches and details are Inspired by Current reefing pro's and Incorporate the latest trends and methods into them.....Corvette or Chevette?

Plus Synergy took the time to jump in on this thread at a couple points. Trigger?...<crickets>

OP
OP
Steve P

Steve P

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was at Reef a Palooza Saturday and saw a new sump by GEOSReef. It's rated up to 200 gallons. The refugium section maxed out at 22 gallons I believe is what they said. Comes with 2 heater holders and probe holders plus ATO holders and sports a reactor in the return. I would have bought that thing right off the floor except the skimmer section wouldn't accept my protein skimmers foot print.

Crystal Reef Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our Crystal Reef Aquatics TRS44 is another great option. It measures 44x20x16. We started sponsoring reef2reef today and are eager to hear everyone's thoughts on our product line. Our lead time is currently 7-14 days depending on model.
crystal-reef-aquatics-triton-36-1_81ea6a16-147c-48d9-99e7-b5161a8a6628_2048x.jpg

Heuey51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was at Reef a Palooza Saturday and saw a new sump by GEOSReef. It's rated up to 200 gallons. The refugium section maxed out at 22 gallons I believe is what they said. Comes with 2 heater holders and probe holders plus ATO holders and sports a reactor in the return. I would have bought that thing right off the floor except the skimmer section wouldn't accept my protein skimmers foot print.
The CRA 44 will fit a huge skimmer I have a aquamaxx a300 in mine

Heuey51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our Crystal Reef Aquatics TRS44 is another great option. It measures 44x20x16. We started sponsoring reef2reef today and are eager to hear everyone's thoughts on our product line. Our lead time is currently 7-14 days depending on model.
crystal-reef-aquatics-triton-36-1_81ea6a16-147c-48d9-99e7-b5161a8a6628_2048x.jpg
I have a 44 it's a sweet sump

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back