Triton Test Results

Duncan Tse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can somebody help analyze my triton icp results.

From what I gather
- Li is high
- Iodine seems a little low
- Most of my trace elements seems to be in range or maybe even a little lower

Here's what I'm dosing in my tank currently 37 gallon mixed reef
- 5% weekly water changes using regular IO salt
- 10mL of both calcium chloride and soda ash for Ca and Alk daily
- RedSea ABCD trace 0.25mL daily

Should I up my ABCD to 0.3mL daily or make a corrective dose of Iodine and just maintain with 0.25mL?

Thanks in advance for the help

Pic of tank

3968fc9397bfec724f6e94c9c99cfb50.png

50fa67abc2d0eb2d7c221a61c845973d.png
f6466b4578e08a462ac7bd5bbd6b6fa9.png

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RedSea .pdf doesn't list Li as an element that they have in their product. So that is either coming from your RO or your salt mix. I would check there.

As for you changes I think that you shouldn't split hairs. Your in a good place keep on keeping on is my suggestion. :)

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elevated Li is commonly from salt (and I'm not positive, but it may be more common in U.S.A.-made salts, like ESV, which I have used for years and like). Your level isn't anything to worry about IMO.
Iodine is often low or undetectable. It seems that it has to be dosed almost daily to make it detectable. I've used the Red Sea ABCD in the past but can't remember the details well enough to make a recommendation as to whether or not to increase the dosage. If all the other elements in that bottle are measuring "normal", I would probably just use a separate Iodine source to supplement.

OP
OP
D

Duncan Tse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RedSea .pdf doesn't list Li as an element that they have in their product. So that is either coming from your RO or your salt mix. I would check there.

As for you changes I think that you shouldn't split hairs. Your in a good place keep on keeping on is my suggestion. :)

Thanks for your thoughts!

Elevated Li is commonly from salt (and I'm not positive, but it may be more common in U.S.A.-made salts, like ESV, which I have used for years and like). Your level isn't anything to worry about IMO.
Iodine is often low or undetectable. It seems that it has to be dosed almost daily to make it detectable. I've used the Red Sea ABCD in the past but can't remember the details well enough to make a recommendation as to whether or not to increase the dosage. If all the other elements in that bottle are measuring "normal", I would probably just use a separate Iodine source to supplement.

Yea I guess there's not really much I can do if my salt mix is the culprit for the high Lithium levels.

I was doing 10% WC before but have now cut down to 5% so I'm hoping Li will not increase anymore.

Yea the Iodine in RedSea comes with other trace elements in that bottle so I'm thinking of just doing a 1 correct dose and maintaining since all my other levels seem to be good.

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea the Iodine in RedSea comes with other trace elements in that bottle so I'm thinking of just doing a 1 correct dose and maintaining since all my other levels seem to be good.
That "1 correct dose" probably won't last long though. If you truly want to maintain the iodine a little higher (detectable) you may need to get a separate source of iodine but I would use it very sparingly (perhaps 1/4 of the recommended dose to start) until you run a few more ICP tests.

Many reefers feel the iodine is not essential. I am not one of them.....I supplement.

OP
OP
D

Duncan Tse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That "1 correct dose" probably won't last long though. If you truly want to maintain the iodine a little higher (detectable) you may need to get a separate source of iodine but I would use it very sparingly (perhaps 1/4 of the recommended dose to start) until you run a few more ICP tests.

Many reefers feel the iodine is not essential. I am not one of them.....I supplement.

Yes I have heard conflicting ideas on iodine supplementation.

I think for now I will up the abcd color dosing and get an ICP test in 3 months and see how that works out.

What iodine supplementation are you currently using right now?

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have heard conflicting ideas on iodine supplementation.

I think for now I will up the abcd color dosing and get an ICP test in 3 months and see how that works out.

What iodine supplementation are you currently using right now?
I use ZeoVit Potassium/Iodide/Fluoride.....but it has the 2 other elements that you may not want with the RS ABCD. (I use a lot of ZeoVit supplements)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back