Tropic Marin -Is it worth the extra $&

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if money is not an issue, then one may find it worth having no build up and faster mixing, but those are merely points of convenience. You can have the same amount of success with any salt brand.

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started watching this thread yesterday. Tropic Marin seems like the most popular topic in the forum. Is TM worth it?

No. Not unless clean and quick mixing are the only things important to you.

And I should add that several people are complaining that TM is now leaving residue in their mixing containers, so paying too much has to be the only thing important to you.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
For me - Y E S !!

I as many had an issue getting product so I switched to their ACTIF salt mix- Excellent results !!
Actif has polymers made from seaweed which acts like a carbon compound and nourishes corals. without vinegar, sugars, etc.

Joeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been happy with Tropic Marin. It seems to mix the easiest for me and leaves no residue.

Whatever salt you choose should mix at the KH and CA levels you're trying to target when using your water. Don't rely on the estimates on the container because, as they say, "You're experience may differ." :)

fishgutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instant Ocean…
1ADF13FF-F659-4508-A9BC-6E11E690E8FD.jpeg

Arego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're going to end up dosing just use a cheaper salt and supplement with limewater or any other products it's much cheaper in the end.

Unless you plan to do water changes exclusively to replace elements. Like thousands of others I've tried the big expensive brands and now I'm back to IO.

Instant ocean is all you need. Don't get caught up paying more ;) friends don't let friends overpay for salt

Reefvision

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used red sea coral pro since2016 and just got tired of cleaning my brute sw tank of the gunk every time - if you can use it right away it’s ok,but storage is not good. I switched to tm pro and am happy although it’s pricey and hard to get now. No more storage “gunk” to clean . Maybe I will try blue bucket Red Sea after I Use my last two tm buckets. I don’t do regular water changes so good for a year or so.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back