Trouble getting lyretail anthias to eat

  • Thread starter Thread starter reef’r
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reef’r

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2023
Messages
899
Reaction score
531
Location
reef’d
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the trick with these things was not being able to feed enough? Bought a nice male a week or so ago in anticipation for the school I hope to keep in my new 100g. When I feed the tank he races up to the front, and then doesn’t eat anything. I’ve seen him eat a couple tiny scraps from some LRS reef frenzy like once. I’ve fed spirulina brine, LRS, nutramar, and PE pellets. Anybody have a secret recipe? Thanks
 
I started mine off on frozen cyclops and built up from that.

I gotta say I’m surprised though, all the foods you mentioned I feed too and mine were berserkers at feeding time.
 
I started mine off on frozen cyclops and built up from that.

I gotta say I’m surprised though, all the foods you mentioned I feed too and mine were berserkers at feeding time.
Do you turn flow off to feed? I usually don’t but I’m going to try it
 
Do you turn flow off to feed? I usually don’t but I’m going to try it
No I dont turn off the flow, those lyrtails chase the food around faster than you can believe (until you see it lol)

Perhaps you can post a short video of your fish not eating at feeding time, it’s unusual it’s not eating after a week. Maybe the #fis#fishmedicl notice something?
 
No I dont turn off the flow, those lyrtails chase the food around faster than you can believe (until you see it lol)

Perhaps you can post a short video of your fish not eating at feeding time, it’s unusual it’s not eating after a week. Maybe the #fis#fishmedicl notice something?
Okay I’ll try and get one
 
Curious - in the tank do you have any other fish than the anthia? Is there any evidence of illness in those fish (assuming you have some).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new