Troubleshooting old (gen 2) radion

indiandyjones

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2011
Messages
13
Reaction score
7
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of the old white radion power supplies (gen 1 to gen 3) that has a green power indicator light that turns on when I plug it in (so I’m assuming something is working). However when I plug the larger light until into the power supply the small green indicator begins to flicker and the light itself doesn’t seem to be getting power. Has anyone run into this? Any insight is appreciated!
 
I have one of the old white radion power supplies (gen 1 to gen 3) that has a green power indicator light that turns on when I plug it in (so I’m assuming something is working). However when I plug the larger light until into the power supply the small green indicator begins to flicker and the light itself doesn’t seem to be getting power. Has anyone run into this? Any insight is appreciated!
Likely a bad power supply.
Common failure points are the capacitors inside. Puffy and ruptured or just old and dry.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-radion-power-supply-replace-repair-for-25.135059/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new