Troubleshooting old (gen 2) radion

indiandyjones

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2011
Messages
13
Reaction score
7
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of the old white radion power supplies (gen 1 to gen 3) that has a green power indicator light that turns on when I plug it in (so I’m assuming something is working). However when I plug the larger light until into the power supply the small green indicator begins to flicker and the light itself doesn’t seem to be getting power. Has anyone run into this? Any insight is appreciated!
 
I have one of the old white radion power supplies (gen 1 to gen 3) that has a green power indicator light that turns on when I plug it in (so I’m assuming something is working). However when I plug the larger light until into the power supply the small green indicator begins to flicker and the light itself doesn’t seem to be getting power. Has anyone run into this? Any insight is appreciated!
Likely a bad power supply.
Common failure points are the capacitors inside. Puffy and ruptured or just old and dry.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-radion-power-supply-replace-repair-for-25.135059/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new