Trying to fill ato resovouir easier

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I currently have my ato container next to my sump and it’s kind of a pain to fill. My current meathod is using my hose setup in my basement to make RODI
Lug the water up 2 flights of stairs to my room
Carry 5 gallon bucket filled w water and also has the pump / hose setup inside of it to not leak everywhere

Plug hose in
Leak water everywhere

Fill up ato

Reach over pull outlet from powerbar

This is not ideal..

I’m thinking of designing a pvc pipe setup with a big opening at the top that allows me to just pour it in and it fills the ato up.

Any ideas / better solutions?

Ps: lily my ferret says hi

C25B08B7-1228-4F3B-BA46-A8CF2900F90B.jpeg

Jr'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Transfer pump in the basement, garden hose to tank. Install a shutoff at the end of the hose to cut the water when it’s full.

Even Further

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgrade to a Spectrapure ATO, put the reservoir in the basement somewhere in proximity of the tank above. Spectrapure ATO pump can draw water from 25 feet away.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about using like a gas can you fill up dirt bikes and ATV’s with. They have the long necks. Get a new clean one obviously lol. Idk, just a idea.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the ideas to run a hose throughout the house. Unfortunately I have flooded my house too many times ( didn’t have a float switch) so it’s going to be impossible to get that to pass. I’m thinking about maybe getting a larger bucket for the back or something and have t easier to fill up. The can idea does sound good as well

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Train the ferret to carry small cups of water up to the reservoir throughout the day.:p

Sorry, couldn't pass up the chance to make a smart**s joke. (Cute little critter btw.)

In all seriousness though, I'm about to face a similar situation. My RODI system is one floor above our living room where the new 65g I'll be setting up will be. I'm not in a position where I have the options of running tubing through the walls from the RODI station to the ATO reservoir that will be beneath the tank.

So the next best option I can think of is to pick up two 5g containers like this:

jug.jpg

Then put a John Guest connector in one of the caps to connect the ATO line to it on the outside and a length of tubing on inside that is long enough to reach the bottom.

I will still have to tote containers up and down stairs. BUT, they will be capped, so no splashing. And I can just swap the full container and cap for the empty one, then fill the empty one at the RODI station as needed.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Other.

Back