Trying to get ahold of uncommon fish.

Echo2656

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking for a pink streaked wrasse and flaming prawn goby for a while now. I really want them for my 20 gallon reef, but I can't seem to find them in stock at my lfs and online stores. Anyone know where i can find those fish or tips to find them?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For whatever reason, pink streaked wrasses became super hard to find last year and remain so.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't vouch for either of these stores, so I'd recommend looking for some reviews on them, but they both say they have the Pink Streaked Wrasse (listed by its scientific name: Pseudocheilinops ataenia) in stock right now:
The top store there also says they have the Flaming Prawn Goby in stock:
Barring these options, you could look at having your LFS order the wrasse at least from a wholesaler for you. The goby could be a bit harder, as the only wholesaler I know who does/did carry them is in the Netherlands, but your LFS might be able to figure something out. If none of these work out for you and you really want them (and are willing to spend a fair deal to get them), you can always special order them from places like Marine Collectors, but the price is likely going to be pretty steep.

jx.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried looking for a pink streaked wrasse years ago and found it very difficult. I believe they’re actually seasonable for availability. I would sign up for liveaquaria’s in stock notification and check divers den when it triggers.

OP
OP
Echo2656

Echo2656

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried looking for a pink streaked wrasse years ago and found it very difficult. I believe they’re actually seasonable for availability. I would sign up for liveaquaria’s in stock notification and check divers den when it triggers.
k thanks

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't vouch for either of these stores, so I'd recommend looking for some reviews on them, but they both say they have the Pink Streaked Wrasse (listed by its scientific name: Pseudocheilinops ataenia) in stock right now:
The top store there also says they have the Flaming Prawn Goby in stock:
Barring these options, you could look at having your LFS order the wrasse at least from a wholesaler for you. The goby could be a bit harder, as the only wholesaler I know who does/did carry them is in the Netherlands, but your LFS might be able to figure something out. If none of these work out for you and you really want them (and are willing to spend a fair deal to get them), you can always special order them from places like Marine Collectors, but the price is likely going to be pretty steep.
Dang and I thought $100 was too much for a Chevron tang back in the good old days!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking for a pink streaked wrasse and flaming prawn goby for a while now. I really want them for my 20 gallon reef, but I can't seem to find them in stock at my lfs and online stores. Anyone know where i can find those fish or tips to find them?
The flaming prawns are a rare fish in itself. You may need to try get Your LFS to find one.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 47 73.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back