My experience with Amikami Goby

Tom nhia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got an Amikami goby earlier this year, I think it was spring or early summer. After almost selling it to another hobbyist I decided to keep it for myself and just figure out the final stocking for my 9 gallon display when the time comes. It is a beautiful fish . . . that you will basically never see again hahaha. It is very cryptic like my Flaming Prawn goby. I believe in their of care, it is very similar if not the same as taking care of a Flaming Prawn, just have an established pod population for them to browse on their own time. There some differences between the Amikami behavior and Flaming Prawn that I've noticed, the Amikami is more of a noctunal hunter. I will always find it out and about 15 minutes after the lights have been off and it is much more comfortable browsing the open area of the sand bed, whereas my Flaming Prawn is more active during the day and stick closer to the rocks and it's burrow. Unfortunately, with it being nocturnal, I haven't been able to snap a picture of it in the display. As soon as there's a light aimed at its direction it will scoot its way back to its burrow

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't even though this guy existed!
I got an Amikami goby earlier this year, I think it was spring or early summer. After almost selling it to another hobbyist I decided to keep it for myself and just figure out the final stocking for my 9 gallon display when the time comes. It is a beautiful fish . . . that you will basically never see again hahaha. It is very cryptic like my Flaming Prawn goby. I believe in their of care, it is very similar if not the same as taking care of a Flaming Prawn, just have an established pod population for them to browse on their own time. There some differences between the Amikami behavior and Flaming Prawn that I've noticed, the Amikami is more of a noctunal hunter. I will always find it out and about 15 minutes after the lights have been off and it is much more comfortable browsing the open area of the sand bed, whereas my Flaming Prawn is more active during the day and stick closer to the rocks and it's burrow. Unfortunately, with it being nocturnal, I haven't been able to snap a picture of it in the display. As soon as there's a light aimed at its direction it will scoot its way back to its burrow

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back