Scaggs1117

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an aqueon 29 tank with a fluval 307 canister filter along with 2 hygger mini DC wave makers at 1600gph each. My rockwork is pretty much in the center of the tank. One wave maker is on the right side wall in the lower back corner which is pushing water behind the rockwork to the filter. The filter return is above this pushing water in the same direction. The other hygger is on the opposite side wall more towards the front of the tank and higher up pushing water across the front of the rockwork. So what I want to know is, this is a good setup to have my flow in a circular pattern around the rockwork? Or should my wave makers be pointed at each other.

OP
OP
Scaggs1117

Scaggs1117

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that flow pattern is fine. If you have access to an air stone you can also toss that in to get a visual idea of how the flow is doing.
Wow that’s actually very creative thanks for the pointers, would you put any of the huggers on 100% power? Maybe the one in front of the rocks?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that’s actually very creative thanks for the pointers, would you put any of the huggers on 100% power? Maybe the one in front of the rocks?
I always aim for 10-20x supplemental flow. So for a 29-gallon tank you want a total of 290-580Gph for all wavemakers combined (not including your return pump).

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back