Trying to plan out 2ed tank, help with lighting

Jeff336

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still in the equipment planning stage for a while now of the next tank I want to build but want options for lights with similar tanks will be a waterbox 220.6 display is 72"×25×24" mix reef but maybe little heavier sps side I don't want to blow budget getting like gen5 xr30s but I would like to say around 2,000.00 any opinions on

Reef breeders photons v2
Any good if you use them

Or maybe

T5 hybrid with hydra 32s

Any suggestions welcome just not big Into kessil thank you

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been happy with my T5 hybrid on my main DT and just converted the DT in my office to a T5 Hybrid about an hour ago. One one I am running older Radion pros and the other has one of the "K" brands in it. I recently purchased a used AI Prime HD to use on my frag tank to free up the Kessil for the office tank. I was pretty impressed with the AI Prime light and was very easy to get going through my Apex without having to purchase additional stuff. I measured the par all over the tank when it had the Kessil and then again with the AI. The biggest difference I noticed between the two was the spread on the Kessil A360X was the spread was really good. and was pretty even all over including the edges. The prime wasn't as good, but was totally acceptable (about 1/2 the price new as the Kessil). I used the aquatic life t5 hybrid on the office tank and used retro kits on my main DT which is a 1/4 cylinder tank so the back T5s are 24s and the front are 48s.

Shannon_Hill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re doing mixed reef you can certainly do XR15’s. Minimum is one every 24” of length (same as XR30’s). You can also mix, as I’ve seen. One XR30 and several XR15’s. Or as BRS recommends, as many XR15s as you can fit.... :)

Back