Trying to Setup P4 --- HELP!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, we were well on our way to setting up our P4. Got to setup our own network and now P4 says it can't connect at all. Tried to factory reset so I can get back to the GHLDEV wifi network to start setup again and can't seem to get there. Can someone help? @Vinny@GHLUSA @Ditto

Thank you in advance!

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that the legacy Windows desktop software. Install it on your PC our windows laptop and you can USB in.

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that the legacy Windows desktop software. Install it on your PC our windows laptop and you can USB in.

Do you know how I can get the original GHLDEV wifi back? Can I reset the P4 to factory settings to get that Wifi network back so I can start from scratch? I'm about to throw this thing out the window. (sorry... frustrated)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Esther, if you can connect via USB, then yes run this:

1580073696829.png

Choose the Reprogram Filesystem and it should wipe all the settings out and reset it back to default.

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know how I can get the original GHLDEV wifi back? Can I reset the P4 to factory settings to get that Wifi network back so I can start from scratch? I'm about to throw this thing out the window. (sorry... frustrated)
I think @ startup if it can't connect to a wifi network it will come up as GHLDEV for a while.

That said, it's easier to configure it (initially), especially the network connection via the windows program, as such:
1580073772770.png

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Esther, if you can connect via USB, then yes run this:

1580073696829.png

Choose the Reprogram Filesystem and it should wipe all the settings out and reset it back to default.

Thank you so much!

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get it to work?

After many hours or convincing myself not to jump off my balcony, we finally got everything hooked up and all firmware updated. I have to say, the support docs online are not very helpful. GHL definitely needs to update their videos and supporting documents for their products. Definitely not for the faint of heart. The products are so well made! I think that if the products were easier to set up with clear instructions, more people would switch over.

We get our display tank this week, so having this set up now is going to save us a lot of time! Then comes the fun part.... Setting it up to be the engine of our tank.

Back