TSA's Easter Live Sale Extravaganza!!! **OVER 4,000 CORALS!!** $1, $5, $10 and FREE Corals!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I feel like as long as your parameters are stable, all you need is flow and lights. The fastest growing most hardy sps I have is a blueberry stylo. It’s a good one to try.
Montipora Setosa is one of my favorites. Also bubble gum and fire digi. Stylo if you want fuzzy. All excellent beginners SPS and fairly easy to take of in my experience.

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait till I'm ready for sps! They look great!
I agree with the others. I’ve got a very young tank like 2-3 months old and I’ve already got a little SPS in it and it is doing great so far but I know I’ve got some challenges ahead.

I would be thorough. Have a plan, know your par, get a good idea of how much flow it needs and make sure your parameters are good and relatively stable and then start small. You can do it!

BuilderT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the advice, I did pick up a blue berry stylo for a $1 so I'm excited to see what happens. Wish someone around here had a par meter I could check my tank with. I thought about buying one but they are so expensive.

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the advice, I did pick up a blue berry stylo for a $1 so I'm excited to see what happens. Wish someone around here had a par meter I could check my tank with. I thought about buying one but they are so expensive.
If you ask around you may be able to find one to borrow. I “rented” one from BRS. It ends up being about $100 after shipping

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Cannot go wrong with Birdsnest either. Good growers and usually modest pricing. You'll be able to see them grow fairly quickly for SPS.
black bird GIF by Barbara Pozzi

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine yesterday. Packaging was exceptional. I only wish I would have sprung for the high end SPS mysteries and skipped LPS mysteries. Got both, branching meteor shower and regular meteor shower cyphs as 2 of my 3 mystery lps. All of the Zoas I got look great. I had been eyeing the AIOs but never wanted to pay for them. Finally grabbed some and they are already open and looking great already, already have a new polyp since the photo was taken.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 99 79.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.8%
Back