TTM FOR VELVET(AND ICH) question, please help!

Scape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I was wondering if someone could really help any replies would be highly appreciated! So I'm about to start doing the Ttm for Velvet everythings ready I just had a few questions which if possibly answered could really help me,
First question, can I do the the 36 hours any less then 36 hours for example 35 or 34 or less if so how much less?
Question two, near the end it says to do transfer at 71 hours for good measure as opposed to 72, now I like to do my transfers an hour before the time given so does this mean I should transfer the fish at 70 hours because it says 71 hours for 'good measure' or 71 hours as that's already taking good measure. I'm sorry if I've sounded confusing at any point Thank you for your pateince and your time for reading this if anybody can help would really help.

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First question, can I do the the 36 hours any less then 36 hours for example 35 or 34 or less if so how much less?
That is correct, you can any time before, just never after.

Question two, near the end it says to do transfer at 71 hours for good measure as opposed to 72, now I like to do my transfers an hour before the time given so does this mean I should transfer the fish at 70 hours
That is completely fine, he did take the hour in consideration already but it won't hurt anything to do it 2 hours early.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^What Dierks said.

I did the Velvet TTM by doing 6 24 hour changes, followed by 3 48 hour changes. My schedule's kinda weird so I can't accommodate the 36 hour mark. And I'm too forgetful to do it within 72 hours, so I compensated by doing TTMs every 48 hours instead.

OP
OP
Scape

Scape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for your replies guys, I really appreciate your answers, it's helped me so much into this TTM journey, you guys are great!

biggie4jets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^What Dierks said.

I did the Velvet TTM by doing 6 24 hour changes, followed by 3 48 hour changes. My schedule's kinda weird so I can't accommodate the 36 hour mark. And I'm too forgetful to do it within 72 hours, so I compensated by doing TTMs every 48 hours instead.
Have you had success with this method? Do you treat with other Medications as well?

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had success with this method? Do you treat with other Medications as well?
I believe I had success. So far none of the fish that went through the treatment are dead due to ich/velvet (I did lose a banggai cardinalfish months after the treatment for different reasons).

Because some of the fish were wild caught, I was very suspicious about intestinal parasites, so I dosed API General Cure for I think 14 days, some of which was during the TTM phase.

Back