Tunze 6105 Wires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gonzo620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after a good Sunday morning and afternoon soak in citric acid I noticed the outer sleeve of the wire at the pump has deteriorated enough to see the inner wires. I have 2 pumps and my newest bump has a built up rubber protection in this area and a plastic wrap for the rest of the cord about 12”. I’m guessing these are improvements from the older models. Is this deterioration a large concern? The pump still works great. What can I do to protect from further problems? Heat shrink ?

BE0C9614-79FB-4CFF-9AA6-65393A883DA0.jpeg

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is unfortunately a defective cable, we would replace it under warranty, but at this time no 6105 motors are available. The main danger is that water can wick inside the cable back to the controller. The other one you have reflects a "this will never happen again" change we made in 2018. The new cable is German made and we added the strain relief grommet for extra security. The cable that failed, the cable supplier did not properly mix in a stabilizer additive and over time in patches that lacked sufficient stabilizer the cable gets eaten by aquarium bacteria. These cables were from late 2016- early 2017. Email me your info and as soon as I can we will get it replaced, even though it is out of warranty, we will definitely cover it.

OP
OP
gonzo620

gonzo620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. I received the new pump motor today! Again thank you Roger! The customer service provided by Tunze in this situation is hands down unmatched.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back