Tunze 9004 Skimmer & IM50

Cluger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM50 Lagoon and I purchased the Tunze 9004 skimmer. Are there folks running this skimmer in the rear chamber? If so, any advice? It appears to only fit in the two end chambers where the spill over is. If you placed it there how did you mount it? And are your comfortable not running a sock filter now.

Also, what is the warm-up period for this skimmer. Any advice around how you ramped this up is appreciated.

Right now i have it installed on the inside display.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know some IM owners who've swapped out the single MightyJet pump for two separate pumps, gotten rid of the Y hose and run each pump directly to an outlet - and that gave them enough room to run the protein skimmer in the center pump chamber. Barring that, the best place is in the inside display. And no, I wouldn't run it in either of the two end filter chambers, as I found a media caddy and filter sock provided me with the best overall nitrate removal.

jimmypencil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM50 Lagoon and I purchased the Tunze 9004 skimmer. Are there folks running this skimmer in the rear chamber? If so, any advice? It appears to only fit in the two end chambers where the spill over is. If you placed it there how did you mount it? And are your comfortable not running a sock filter now.

Also, what is the warm-up period for this skimmer. Any advice around how you ramped this up is appreciated.

Right now i have it installed on the inside display.
did you end up running the 9004? i set up one yesterday in the first chamber of a im 50 lagoon. looks like it will work pretty well and i dont really wanna ditch the pump, get 2 new pumps and have to get different tubing to put the skimmer in the center chamber lol.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 92 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back