Tunze 9004 Skimmer & IM50

Cluger

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
29708
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM50 Lagoon and I purchased the Tunze 9004 skimmer. Are there folks running this skimmer in the rear chamber? If so, any advice? It appears to only fit in the two end chambers where the spill over is. If you placed it there how did you mount it? And are your comfortable not running a sock filter now.

Also, what is the warm-up period for this skimmer. Any advice around how you ramped this up is appreciated.

Right now i have it installed on the inside display.
 
I know some IM owners who've swapped out the single MightyJet pump for two separate pumps, gotten rid of the Y hose and run each pump directly to an outlet - and that gave them enough room to run the protein skimmer in the center pump chamber. Barring that, the best place is in the inside display. And no, I wouldn't run it in either of the two end filter chambers, as I found a media caddy and filter sock provided me with the best overall nitrate removal.
 
I have an IM50 Lagoon and I purchased the Tunze 9004 skimmer. Are there folks running this skimmer in the rear chamber? If so, any advice? It appears to only fit in the two end chambers where the spill over is. If you placed it there how did you mount it? And are your comfortable not running a sock filter now.

Also, what is the warm-up period for this skimmer. Any advice around how you ramped this up is appreciated.

Right now i have it installed on the inside display.
did you end up running the 9004? i set up one yesterday in the first chamber of a im 50 lagoon. looks like it will work pretty well and i dont really wanna ditch the pump, get 2 new pumps and have to get different tubing to put the skimmer in the center chamber lol.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new