Tunze is dropping a full-featured controller. Some day…

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B50955A4-65D8-4F64-97DE-98D564F2C05A.gif

Spent a bit of time talking to the Tunze reps at Reefstock last weekend, and was told there is a full-featured Tunze controller in the works. Sounds like it is all but completed, but covid disruptions and shortages have delayed it (I believe he said until 2023/24)…

Also got to check out a new high end (DC?) Osmolator that looks amazing (also delayed for the time being but completed….)

Anyone got any more info/leaks on these? As a Tunze fanboy I might be willing to forgo a Hydros for a year and wait for it to launch!

vabben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like what I’ve read so far regarding the new Osmolator. Unfortunately cannot wait another year to buy a new ATO.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like what I’ve read so far regarding the new Osmolator. Unfortunately cannot wait another year to buy a new ATO.
feel for all. the folks waiting for chips.. it is going to get worse with the new covid post shut down in Southern china... also still waiting the long wait for my Starlink ground station, so a ATO seems trivial

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love me some Tunze!

Not sure on the new ATO though seemingly losing the redundancy of the 2nd sensor.

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love me some Tunze!

Not sure on the new ATO though seemingly losing the redundancy of the 2nd sensor.
I found an article on Reefbuilders describing it, when I played with it in person, I was very impressed. Looks like it has a higher quality larger optical sensor now...

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tunze ATO has been in service 7 years now... no parts ever replaced...
I bought mine used about 12 years ago and it's still going strong. I have replaced the pump twice (one died and the other just got really loud - now a backup). Amazing reliability. I should probably clean the infrared sensor though!

Very interested to hear/see more about the controller. I love my Tunze equipment all around... give me a full reef of German equipment and I'm a happy and confident reefer for sure.

My apex is getting a bit old now and since it is no longer supported in any way I feel it's time to change it up (soon). Really don't want to go with the new apex because of all the issues I have read about. Am already convinced to go with GHL... but if the Tunze controller comes out sooner vs later I'll definitely give that a review.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I love my Tunze pumps too. Hope the controller is just as awesome and robust!

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe this would also be the perfect time to release a Tunze quality peristaltic dosing pump to pair with said controller. One that not only looks good but actually works good too.

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe this would also be the perfect time to release a Tunze quality peristaltic dosing pump to pair with said controller. One that not only looks good but actually works good too.
Seriously, a Tunze controller with dosing unit would be a game changer

Back