Tunze Macro Algae Reactor 3182

Ecotech Marine

Toolman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hope someone can help me. I just purchased the Tunze 3181. I put a golfball size piece of chaeto in it. I can't seem to keep the chaeto in the reactor. It keeps ending up in a the filter bag that I have at the end of the outlet hose. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

BRS

PeterC99

View Badges
Reaction score
Golf ball size way to small. Try putting in 2 medium grapefruit size chaeto in. Make sure chaeto is intertwined with itself and is one clump (Should not be lose strands). Also make sure you have flow all the way down.

Notes - chaeto will stop spinning as it grows larger in the reactor. Do not worry about, does not impact performance. Also after about 3 to 4 weeks, the reactor will be filled top to bottom with chaeto. Take 2/3’s out and leave 1/3 full. Clean inside of reactor walls with at this time.

Great reactor - took my high phosphates & nitrates to zero. Took a few weeks to really start working.

OP
T

Toolman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Golf ball size way to small. Try putting in 2 medium grapefruit size chaeto in. Make sure chaeto is intertwined with itself (Should not be lose strands).

Notes - chaeto will stop spinning as it grows larger in the reactor. Do not worryabout, does not impact performance. Also after about 3 to 4 weeks, the reactor will be filled top to bottom with chaeto. Take 2/3’s out and leave 1/3 full. Clean inside of reactor walls with at this time.

Great reactor - took my high phosphates & nitrates to zero. Took a few weeks to really start working.
Thankyou to the both of you for your help. Be safe.

WHEN WAS YOUR MOST RECENT ADDITION TO YOUR TANK?

• Today!

Votes: 50 13.8%
  • Yesterday...

Votes: 40 11.0%
  • Last week!

Votes: 103 28.5%
  • Last month.

Votes: 67 18.5%
  • More than a month ago.

Votes: 70 19.3%
  • Probably a year or more ago.

Votes: 17 4.7%
  • I don't remember...

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • My tank is brand new and I still haven't added anything to it yet!

Votes: 14 3.9%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
CK