Tunze Macro Algae Reactor 3182

Toolman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope someone can help me. I just purchased the Tunze 3181. I put a golfball size piece of chaeto in it. I can't seem to keep the chaeto in the reactor. It keeps ending up in a the filter bag that I have at the end of the outlet hose. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe Tunze can help? They have a sponsor forum here at R2R.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Golf ball size way to small. Try putting in 2 medium grapefruit size chaeto in. Make sure chaeto is intertwined with itself and is one clump (Should not be lose strands). Also make sure you have flow all the way down.

Notes - chaeto will stop spinning as it grows larger in the reactor. Do not worry about, does not impact performance. Also after about 3 to 4 weeks, the reactor will be filled top to bottom with chaeto. Take 2/3’s out and leave 1/3 full. Clean inside of reactor walls with at this time.

Great reactor - took my high phosphates & nitrates to zero. Took a few weeks to really start working.

OP
OP
T

Toolman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Golf ball size way to small. Try putting in 2 medium grapefruit size chaeto in. Make sure chaeto is intertwined with itself (Should not be lose strands).

Notes - chaeto will stop spinning as it grows larger in the reactor. Do not worryabout, does not impact performance. Also after about 3 to 4 weeks, the reactor will be filled top to bottom with chaeto. Take 2/3’s out and leave 1/3 full. Clean inside of reactor walls with at this time.

Great reactor - took my high phosphates & nitrates to zero. Took a few weeks to really start working.
Thankyou to the both of you for your help. Be safe.

oldmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just going through the spare parts list on Tunze site for Mar 3181 and 3182. What intrigues me is how come the O ring ( part no 5) dia is same for both models asuuming the 3182 is a bigger model with bigger dia acryclic tube.
Any thoughts?
@Tunze can you shed some light?
Thanks

Back