Tunze Nano streams.....

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have one on the way.. I should get it tomorrow or Friday.. will post feedback by early next week...

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marvin what size tank are you going to be setting it up on? Marinedepot has a suggested tank size suggestion of around 10-60. Do you guys think this nano would be a better bet than a seio? I may look into getting one.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marvin what size tank are you going to be setting it up on? Marinedepot has a suggested tank size suggestion of around 10-60. Do you guys think this nano would be a better bet than a seio? I may look into getting one.

I'll be comparing the seio 620 and nanostream 6025.. I'll have them on opposite sides of the tank.. the tank dimensions are 24"L x 18"W x 18"H... approx 32g..

will keep you guys posted...

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AZUREL...i wouldnt get a vortec on your tank. i know 2 people who have them on much larger tanks, and they have them dialed back quite a bit. and you can't really direct the flow coming off of them either. they both had some factory probs with them also.

i really want to get the 6055's, so they can be controllable, but at $200/each (ouch). i may have to try out the 6025 first since its a heck of alot cheaper just to get the feal of them.

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the vortech's are a little too expensive for anyone right now....

I plan on getting the 6025 in a couple of days. That is after i get my sump up and running.....

Steve

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I saw the price and said forget it....Plus it would only be placed on the back pane of glass and that wouldn't work any way....But these new Tunze nano streams is a deffenant go.....I would like to get the 6055 but that along with the contoller is to much for the pocket book at the moment. I really like the fact that you can move the nozle in what direction you want it....Big plus.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on getting the 6025s myself, I think 17x turnover will be fine with my other pumps, then there are those that I will be able to pull out once I get it....

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, tunze has the same price no matter which dealer you get them from

as to availability...
there were only a few hundred shipped so far, so i imagine most places are sold out by now.

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be comparing the seio 620 and nanostream 6025.. I'll have them on opposite sides of the tank.. the tank dimensions are 24"L x 18"W x 18"H... approx 32g..

will keep you guys posted...

Marvin, that sounds almost exactly like my tank. Mine is an acrylic tank custom built by SoCal Creations, a local tank maker. My dimensions are something like 26"Lx16"x18"H.

Well, here is a FTS from last night with just the Seio 620s
IMG_8677.jpg

And here is a shot with one of the Seios switched out. I only had time to do one :iconbiggrin: So far it looks really good. It almost disappeared into the black background.
IMG_8684.jpg

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks Kenny.. can't wait to get it.. :D

btw.. just got an e-mail from premium aquatics.. they will be getting approx 20 units in.. so hurry up!

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flow is definitely stronger than the Seios at the moment. But then I haven't cleaned the Seios in a few months. I know that their flow reduces quite dramatically as algae builds up. I don't see the same potential problem with the Nano Streams since their intake is pretty much wide open, less likely to get clogged.

The Nano Stream was super easy to install. Just be careful when you put the magnets together. They are super strong. Will take a bite out of your finger if you are not careful. What I did was positioned the bracket at the approximate location I wanted inside the tank. Then put the outside magnet against the tank, but below where the inside bracket is located. Slide the outiside magnet up into place. Just make sure you have the polarity correct on the magnets.

The Stream is super easy to adjust for directional flow. I always struggled getting the Seios to point in a certain direction, especially when using the suction cups.

So far so good. I love the one that's in the tank right now. I'll probably put the other one in tonight.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pookstreet...do you feel the profile of the 6025's are much smaller than the 620's?

also, what fish do you have in there? thats a good lookin tank ;)

i'm lookin for some good fish to put in my 30g sps cube.

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks surfn.

I wouldn't say that they are "much" smaller but they are about the size of the 620 nozzle diameter wise. What makes them look smaller is the magnet mount. The Seio suction cup brackets were always an eyesore b/c they were so big.

Currently, I have a male watanabei angel, spotted yellow eyed tang, and a green banded goby. I know some people may consider the tank too small for the watanabei, but he's been happy for over a year now. I am thinking of adding a female to bring his colors back.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back