OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend that I do alot of buisness(LFS) with said that the reason they are the same price locally as on line ect... Is because Tunze tell it's shops what they can charge for them (kinda like potato chips) manufactured pre-priced. So She is going to get me one either this week or by next week for the same price $61.48. Which will be nice as I won't have to pay shipping.....

Last edited:

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got my 2 (6025's) hooked up this morning. nice flow.

i've only used MJ's before this. does anyone have a diagram or link that shows how the flow is distributed. b/c my MJ 1200's feel much stronger closer to the pump obviously. but i'm guessing the nano streams move more water further away from the pump.

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That and it has a 18 inch wide flow pattern. Look at tunze usa's site and click on the interzoo pdf it should have one there.
It doesnt have one on the box or directions?

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL they have a 18 inch flow spread. Thats why the MJ feels stronger, But the tunze moves more water just in a bigger area so it doesent feel as strong.
I love my streams, I want 2 of the 6055's as well. i will have 2 6100's and 2 6055's and my return from my sump.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to get me one, what away to under cut the Vortec with a new smaller version and cost effective of the larger streams. The vortec is a great idea and has some really advanced ideas for moving water for reefs but I just can't wrap my head around the $350 price tag. I wonder how many of them sold?

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vortecs cant be directed, and in my mind dont have the quality behind them. They are made in china to the cheapest bidder. They had a few problems with them as well and look like they will need annually parts changed. (Wear and tear).
The tunze's are made in germany, and good ole german engineering in the house.

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vortecs cant be directed, and in my mind dont have the quality behind them. They are made in china to the cheapest bidder. They had a few problems with them as well and look like they will need annually parts changed. (Wear and tear).
The tunze's are made in germany, and good ole german engineering in the house.

totally agree. all of the people who i know that have them already, had some issues with defects and had parts replaced already.

i finally got to see some in action the other day. a local guy has a 120g cube tank, with two of these in his tank. he said he has them completely dialed down to the lowest setting, otherwise they will create a massive sand storm. he also does all sps...

so really, i dont see any point in buying one of these unless you have a HUGE tank that is very long in which you can crank that sucker up and get flow reaching up to 6feet.

i think the nano-streams are much better suited to the average aquariust. i love the rotation on them, you can aim them anywhere.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, the vortech's, while a cool idea, don't have enough plusses over tunze and especially the new maximods

the keeping the heat out of the tank is cool, but when we are talking about 30 watts or less i'm not too concerned.

maybe once they get a controller out, get a directional aiming mechanism, and battery back up all going they will warrant reconsideration...

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my Tunze today and have it in the tank.....That thing give some water movement. I wasn't sure if it was to much at first as everything cloed up.....But they are slowly opening back up probably a shock all of a sudden having that much new flow.....Very cool pump highly recommend them....

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to run over to Champion Lighting next week and see if they got them in! I am going to trade my 4 MJ's, 1 Seio in for 2 of the 6025s!

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've had my two for a couple of weeks now, love em!

i had 2 other MJ 1200's in there also, but i had to turn them off b/c my smaller fish seemed to have a hard time with the flow and would cuddle into a corner b/c as soon as they came out they would get blown across to the other side of the tank. lol

Xavier

Mantis Club President
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
surfn can i see your 30 gallon please i know its off topic but im planning a 30 galloon sps cube so any tanks are good for ideas

thanks
xavier

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back