Tunze Nano streams.....

chads29

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my 2 - 6025's for about a week now. When I first fired them up they seemed loud to me, did anyone else notice this? The noise has gone down but are still noticable but not like they have problems noticable.

I was running larger tunze's in my 75 up until now so I have noticed considerably less water movement. I like the fact that the nano streams can be directed in any direction and they use less energy. I am going to continue using them unless my sps start stn'ing.

any other users have opinions about the start up noise?

Thanks,
Chad

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
xavier, my cube isn't set up yet. right now i'm in a regular 30g tank which is 36"x12" footprint. i have my nanostreams on each side aimed to the middle. should have the 30g cube set up before xmas (crossing fingers).

chads29, mine are loud for a couple seconds as soon as i start them up. there is alot of travel for the perpeller to bounce around the shaft apparently. other than that i never noticed any noise difference.

Zoanuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few issues with them: The holder is brown and not black. It stands out like a sore thumb. The front cover doesn't fit well and one of the magnets are charged the same causing the to push away. You have to get the front guards from rodger on RC. I recieved mine and they look great but we are handling the other issues also.

Corbin

Zoanuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We ordered 4 to go in our cubes but two of them seem to be malfunctioning. Do your make a lot of racket (noise)?

corbin

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We ordered 4 to go in our cubes but two of them seem to be malfunctioning. Do your make a lot of racket (noise)?

corbin

only for like 5sec right when i turn them on...the perpeller seems to bounce around on the shaft a bit, other than that they are dead silent when they operate.

chads29

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine are a bit loud, but not extreme. they where much louder when they first started up. Also mine did come with the covers and are running excellently. brown/black colors really doesn't matter to me as they will be covered in coralline in a couple of months. they do put out good flow, and the price is right. I like mine.

Zoanuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree about liking them. They move a great amount of water. Just some insight to some of the issues you may come to find.

Corbin

AngieN.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys have talked me into giving these a try. :) Gonna get one for know and probably a second in a month or so. Tired of my MJ's failing suction cups and bulkiness.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use the clip for all my mj's; i love tunze products though, and will be getting on of the nano streams when the larger ones come out. i may get one today if they have them in stock at the christmas frag swap.

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys/gals think the 6025s would react when hooked to a Red Sea Wavemaster Pro I have?

i'm pretty sure i remember reading in the tunze forum over on RC that you shouldn't hook these up to a wave timer. it will wear out the bearings in the shaft, or the little notches that stop the perpeller from free spinning on the shaft...something like that.

thats why if you want one that operates like that, they advise you wait for the 6055 that is controllable.

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just stopped by Champion Lighting this morning and picked up my 2 NanoStreams!!! Gonna set them up this weekend!

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just stopped by Champion Lighting this morning and picked up my 2 NanoStreams!!! Gonna set them up this weekend!
Steve how long did they take to get your order in? Im guessing you pre-ordered? Ive been waiting for my 6055 from Champion for like 2 months now.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 28 16.9%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.0%
Back