Tunze Osmolator in tank

Deiblerj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking at getting an ATO for my 40 breeder and think I have it narrowed down to a Tunze Osmolator 3155 or the nano.

I have a 40 breeder but plan to upgrade down the road once we move out of our apartment. I don’t have a sump and was wondering if the 3155 can be placed on a rimmed tank?

It’s your standard aqueon 40 breeder

Thanks!

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you have in the tank for powerhead/wavemakers?

The up and down of the waves could trigger the optic to put water and the float to sound an alarm that water is to high.

I'm not sure if there is a delay on the optic or not. If there is you should be ok. Its definitely a great choice. I wish I would have bought mine sooner

OP
OP
D

Deiblerj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an mp40 on one end across the front, kind of middle of the tank. I have a HOB skimmer in the back corner, an 850 gph hydor on the opposite side blowing across the back. The only major surface agitation is my HOB filter. I was thinking if I placed the sensor in the corner of the tank it should be ok...?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing you have one already? How long have you had it? Any issues or things you’ve learned from using it?

To me the 3155 is still the gold standard.

Need to keep the optic eye clean and be careful not to pinch your fingers between the magnets.

If you get your fingers caught in the magnets... :eek:, in will be a one time adventure for sure.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Need to keep the optic eye clean and be careful not to pinch your fingers between the magnets.

If you get your fingers caught in the magnets... :eek:, in will be a one time adventure for sure.
Oh! This is so true! ;Hilarious
Not saying this has ever happened to me..:D

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing you have one already? How long have you had it? Any issues or things you’ve learned from using it?

Yes I do have one for about a year now.. I have had absolute zero issues.. you wont be disappointed.

I cant stress how true this is the magnets are very strong. Very few to no other pieces or reefing equipment have a magnet like this.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh! This is so true! ;Hilarious
Not saying this has ever happened to me..:D

Yes I do have one for about a year now.. I have had absolute zero issues.. you wont be disappointed.
I cant stress how true this is the magnets are very strong. Very few to no other pieces or reefing equipment have a magnet like this.

(lol)
Learned the hard way... ;Nurse with those magnets in 2012 ... :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D

skywelker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 3155 on a rimmed standard 75 and it works really well. I had to modify the magnets a little bit in order to get the water line high enough that the rim of the tank covered it as I hate when you can see it. I love it and wish I would have done it sooner.

Also, I have 2 mp40s and no issues with the sensor going off from water movement.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(lol)
Learned the hard way... ;Nurse with those magnets in 2012 ... :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D
They bit me too! Funny, you only have two hands, when the magnets grabs ahold of one of those hands your now down to one usable hand. Now the real problem begins... it take two hands to get the magnets apart. The only option you have at that point is doing a funny dance and screaming like a little girl!

OP
OP
D

Deiblerj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 3155 on a rimmed standard 75 and it works really well. I had to modify the magnets a little bit in order to get the water line high enough that the rim of the tank covered it as I hate when you can see it. I love it and wish I would have done it sooner.

Also, I have 2 mp40s and no issues with the sensor going off from water movement.

I might be reaching out to you about how you modified the magnets!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back