Tunze Skimmer Magnets

Reefer37

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2019
Messages
364
Reaction score
157
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone knew if the Tunze skimmer magnets that come with like the 9004 or others are submersible? I've seen a few pics of people having rusted magnets, and definitely don't want that to happen in my tank.
I heard that you can use epoxy and cover it, but not sure what kind to use or whatnot
Any recommendations or help would be appreciated!
 
The magnets are submersible, it can depend on how old the skimmer is I truly believe that a 9004 is just fine.
 
Well it looks like this, so I'm guessing I'm gonna need to cover the actual magnet. Anybody have recommendations on what epoxy to use?

15811432671018660192779437993309.jpg
 
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/tunze.461/ I would check out this site and ask Roger your question on Monday, which is the latest Gen magnet and they do not need to be covered. It could be what you are hearing is the magnet is attracting rust that is already in the tank say like GFO.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new