Tunze Top Off System Problem

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Tunze Osmolater running my Top Off System and have a problem with it that I can't seem to figure out. It will work fine for two weeks or so, then for some unknown reason it will decide that it need to pump water from the top off tank into the sump till the float sensor goes off. I unplug the Tunze computer for like a day, then plug it back in and everything works fine till it dose it again. Anyone have a clue as to what is going on? I think it has to be the computer.

Giancarlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd, I have the same ATO, never have had that happen. Have you tried cleaning the sensor? Maybe there is some algae buildup or something?

Giancarlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No siphon with these units, but gravity plays a role here, so could it be that your water reservoir be higher then the area that your topping off? I guess not if it works for a few days at a time...

OP
OP
Braves Fan

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water level in the top off tank stays about the same level as the sump water level. I cleaned the sensor but it really didn't appear to have any build up on it. I realy haven't a clue as to what is going on, I do know I am not putting more water in the top off tank than the sump will hold :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back