OP
tupes

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a full photo, a photo of the fuge I built the the left side overflow, and of the water top off which I really need to work on some sort of wire management.

20180819_215755.jpg

20180819_215737.jpg

20180819_214108.jpg

OP
OP
tupes

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my wires are very secure with zip ties and the strongest velcro for the power bricks. Only thing I could've done to make it look very clean is make it a bit wider and added a false wall which wouldve been my best bet I think.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Looking forward to some day pics!

OP
OP
tupes

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not much right now. I'm not really liking the light. Haven't had good coral response. I was doing better with the black box led from amazon. Also have a couple of algea patches that popped up from my vacation incident with my family over feeding I need to take care of during my next water change.

20180820_192314.jpg

Kyle Paul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lookin good! I recently just bought this same tank. Wondering if you or anyone knows if they sell a glass lid for this?...( help with evaporation)

Nlara

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tupes, I went with a jbj65 last March. Since then I had to replace the tank once and again shortly. The back divider has buckled (curved) to a point where sand seeps into the back sump area. Have you had this problem? Seems like there is too much pressure on the middle back compartment.

OP
OP
tupes

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tupes, I went with a jbj65 last March. Since then I had to replace the tank once and again shortly. The back divider has buckled (curved) to a point where sand seeps into the back sump area. Have you had this problem? Seems like there is too much pressure on the middle back compartment.

Sorry to hear about this problem. I haven't had any issues with the tank as of yet. Everything is working as it should. Are you still having the issue with the new one?

Cali-Saltwater-1st-Timer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not good! What did JBJ say?

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Progress being made. Molding is on, drawer is almost finished. The drawer I'll have a sort of top which when opened it will act as a work surface. It'll be used to store all my fragging equipment. The right side will have 2 shelves installed the left will have a 10 gallon aquarium as my ato reservoir. Going to do another coat of white on the inside then I'm going to put a clear sealer. Then my better half is going too have her way with it and paint the exterior. I also have leds ordered with will be on the inside that will be controlled with my apex to come on when the doors open.

20180324_081208.jpg

Wow, nice work!

Tjbind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread here, and your setup looks awesome. I have a JBJ 65 on the way and expected to arrive soon, and looking to upgrade stock pumps to a Vectra S1 (keeping it set to rather low end of it's power).
Could you please comment how you accomplished your pump upgrade? It appears the the tanks are now shipping with a large brace/divider between the two pump sections which would make it difficult to place one pump in the middle. Perhaps they've started adding this bracket as some members commented about bowing and sand seepage into the rear section. I'm hoping that it's still an option to upgrade to one single DC pump despite the added brace. Thanks!

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread here, and your setup looks awesome. I have a JBJ 65 on the way and expected to arrive soon, and looking to upgrade stock pumps to a Vectra S1 (keeping it set to rather low end of it's power).
Could you please comment how you accomplished your pump upgrade? It appears the the tanks are now shipping with a large brace/divider between the two pump sections which would make it difficult to place one pump in the middle. Perhaps they've started adding this bracket as some members commented about bowing and sand seepage into the rear section. I'm hoping that it's still an option to upgrade to one single DC pump despite the added brace. Thanks!

There is a baffle/brace between the pumps, although this brace came loose on my freshwater tank. Consider using two pumps for redundancy. On my reef I have a mighty Jet DC pump and a Sicce 1.5 AC pump

Tjbind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the feedback on the brace/baffle. I had never heard of the mighty jet dc. I think I'll go with two of those. Im looking forward to your continued updates.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back