Turban snail help…

Foggy Pirate

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2021
Messages
106
Reaction score
97
Location
Riverhead
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all. So I don’t have an older picture cause I didn’t relize until recently but my large turban snails body seems to be shrinking a lot. I’ll attach a picture, I understand it’s hard to know Exacly what’s going on if anything from the picture however here it is the body use to be large and he was active now he’s still hanging on the glass but he’s getting smaller, I feel he might fall off soon and die, it’s happened to me like 8 months ago I attributed it to age, I know the snails don’t live a long time. So I guess I’m just asking what ppl know of the life span of them.

689F64AE-D0C5-4ECF-96D1-1830C031063B.jpeg D91D4627-BCED-4D44-8530-0470B9F5C254.jpeg B23FA702-39EA-4754-87E2-65DD7E706A3D.jpeg
 
I have a large 3" trochus that I'd estimate to be 10 years or older, but many others that are several years old. I think it can really vary depending on feeding and reef environment.
Ahh that’s crazy! That’s to bad he’s not doing so well. Good to know they can last that long
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new