• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Turbo Rev 4 Algae scrubber

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one holds items anymore. It's his item until the money has been transferred. Get over it, next time dont wait.

I would have no problem buying an item from a seller like this, because it's exactly how I operate. I dont hold items for people that say hold till morning, payday, next Thursday, or any other day
Demonic you are correct but if I didn't have PayPal info it isn't like I delayed, we agreed on price but I didn't have information.

Maybe you are the way you are and that is fine but some people still honor ghdir word. You obviously had bad experiences

jorahx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct my friend , but there are some of us who do. Like you and I

Your word is your bond.

I’ve ran into people like this too, Drives me nuts. Come to agreement. Than somebody else says. Well I’ll pay more. Let me have it. And bam your sitting there confused because an agreement was already made.

Tanksfishtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree that your word is important!!! And if you agree to a price you should honor it! However, MANY of us been burnt by the “ill pay tomorrow” people. The payment either never comes, or they keep asking for more time. If I agree on a price and someone said to me “Deal, I will pay tomorrow”. I would respond immediately and tell them no thanks. I need payment immediately! Then I am going to the next person too! Sounds like to me the buyer assumed that the seller was OK with waiting until the next day for payment. You should have asked, not assumed that the seller was OK with waiting until the next day for payment. A bank doesn’t give you until the day after a payment is due for you to pay. They expect payment when it is due?

Hans2278

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that your word is important!!! And if you agree to a price you should honor it! However, MANY of us been burnt by the “ill pay tomorrow” people. The payment either never comes, or they keep asking for more time. If I agree on a price and someone said to me “Deal, I will pay tomorrow”. I would respond immediately and tell them no thanks. I need payment immediately! Then I am going to the next person too! Sounds like to me the buyer assumed that the seller was OK with waiting until the next day for payment. You should have asked, not assumed that the seller was OK with waiting until the next day for payment. A bank doesn’t give you until the day after a payment is due for you to pay. They expect payment when it is due?

I am with opalquam on this one. One thing would be if this would happen in the morning and seller had to wait 24 hours but since it was late at night, waiting till next morning is non issue. Nothing easier if I don’t receive money by 10 am I would go to next person.

Another breed of sellers would be posting “Fire sale” and never even have decency to reply back like this guy with 300 gallon breakdown.

Or the other one couple days back that won Kessil 360x and tried to sell it but never replied back to my pm’s. Only to find out week later he posted same thread.

Just take it with grain of salt, there will always be another sale of same item later so I would not lose any sleep over it. And You need it really bad, just buy it online, in this hobby couple bucks here or there won’t make significant difference.

My favorite one is www.saltwateraquarium.com, no tax and free shipping, just bought Spectrapure ro/di this morning after no replies from last seller.

Happy reefing

jorahx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think what would of been better, if the seller didn’t want to wait. Say something. Be like. Hey, I’m in a rush can you just send the money tonight so I can ship it early in the morning?

Than it’s on the buyer. If he doesn’t want to, than clearly you can move on.

But instead, this just seems like the seller wanted to go with biggest offer. Auction style. Hell tomorrow he might get an even higher offer and bail on new buyer.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had PayPal info I would of sent but I can't send to a ghost

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think what would of been better, if the seller didn’t want to wait. Say something. Be like. Hey, I’m in a rush can you just send the money tonight so I can ship it early in the morning?

Than it’s on the buyer. If he doesn’t want to, than clearly you can move on.

But instead, this just seems like the seller wanted to go with biggest offer. Auction style. Hell tomorrow he might get an even higher offer and bail on new buyer.
Exactly what happened, it is over and done with now, but I was just upset because I never would do that to a buyer Andi never stiff a seller

Back