Turn on CO2 before lights turn on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BuckskinPony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’m trying to figure out how to turn on a socket before an event happens. In my case, I want my CO2 solenoid to turn on two hours before the lights turn on and turn off the solenoid one hour before the lights turn off.

I’m using a P4 and wirelessly controlling two Mitras LX7s in slave mode. I have my illumination with the Mitras LX7s on a multichannel schedule using seasonal adjustment. Because of the seasonal adjustment, I never know exactly when it will turn on and off. I want to keep the seasonal adjustment as I think it will help my fish better adjust through the year.

I assume I use programmable logic but I can’t see a way to make this work and keep using seasonal adjustment.

I’m pretty new to PL. I managed to get my AWC and ATO to work with PL (but with a lot of trial and error :)). I don’t see a way to say “two hours before an event happens, turn on”.

I’ve searched and searched for an example like this so if I missed it please let me know and I’ll head there

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see one possibility to solve this in a way that´s is very near what you want. Not exact. But this demand that the the day length management of the seasonal adjustment works for not dimmable illumination channels too.

When you construct your dimmable channels - you set the nominal day length (longest day). You also set that the channels should relay on seasonal settings. Let us say that they start to dim up at 08:00 in the morning and no light at all at 20:00.

Now you construct a virtual not dimmable illumination channel that start 06:00 and shout down 19:00 and check the seasonal adjustments square. This daylength will not be the same so you will not get exactly 2 hours before light and 1 hour before light out - but rather close too. If you can accept 2 hours before light out - you will have it better. This illumination channel shall you knit to the outlet for your solenoid.

I have no idea if this work or not but if the seasonal settings also works on non dimmable - it should probably work well

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
BuckskinPony

BuckskinPony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great idea! I also don’t know if the variable adjusts to seasonal but I’ll give it a try. Thank you!

the solenoid is on a timer. I’ve been watching my pH and am comfortable with the changes in pH so far.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex guy here. On the Apex, I can control my lights with the following command that references the seasonal table.
If Sun 300/180 Then ON
Sun references the season table's sunrise/sunset table. The "fraction" is for a positive or negative variance in minutes from that day's sunrise or sunset. My 300/180 means that my sunrise is 300 minutes after the table and sunset is 180 minutes later, which puts my photoperiod much more inline with when I can see the tank.

Does GHL have a similar way to reference their tables?

OP
OP
BuckskinPony

BuckskinPony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They might? I haven’t been able to go that deep yet.
What I ended up doing was setting up an unused illumination channel (channel 10) to turn on two hours before the light starts and one hour before it’s done. I turned on seasonal adjustment for that channel. I then used PL to say that if illumination channel 10 is on, turn on the CO2.
I *think* this is what you were saying to do @Lasse ? I went into the variable illumination screen and wasn’t sure what to do. I also found that because I have a multichannel setup the illumination runs aren’t editable (as far as I could tell).

I’ll confirm tonight whether this actually works.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I ended up doing was setting up an unused illumination channel (channel 10) to turn on two hours before the light starts and one hour before it’s done. I turned on seasonal adjustment for that channel. I then used PL to say that if illumination channel 10 is on, turn on the CO2.
Exactly what I tried to say :D But you may not need PL - it is enough to link the CO2 socket (on your power bar) to ILL 10

Something like this - I use the socket 40 in this example

1611521927384.png

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
BuckskinPony

BuckskinPony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly what I tried to say :D But you may not need PL - it is enough to link the CO2 socket (on your power bar) to ILL 10

Something like this - I use the socket 40 in this example

1611521927384.png

Sincerely Lasse
Even better! Thank you so much for this, I’ve been trying to figure out a way to do this for quite a while now. I’m really excited to have this working. :)

OP
OP
BuckskinPony

BuckskinPony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t realize I could assign a socket to an illumination channel like that. Thanks!

I did end up using PL so I could also have it shut off during feed pauses.

Back