Turn skimmer on/off

Scallopking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I’m not finding how to yet exactly so thought I’d ask for help. I want to turn on my skimmer when ph is 8.15 and turn it off when ph is 8.2. Here’s what I have now but doesn’t work. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
A0D79A7D-7B51-4586-944F-902B2B40FDB9.png

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i understand you're taking a stab at holding your ph between 8.15 and 8.20 but i'm curious why?

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you use the SET command you are initializing the socket condition. In this case you are initializing it ON. If you do not use this command then the socket starts out in it's last state.

The way you have it programmed now the second PH command is is redundant. The socket always starts at ON and the only commands that will change the state are those that turn it OFF.

Subtly what this does is if the PH is above 8.2 then the socket will turn off. Otherwise it will always be ON.

If you want the socket to stay off until it goes down to 8.15 then you need to remove the SET command.

I don't know how this will impact the last command.

FWIW

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned above, remove the Set ON command.

Read this FAQ about when to use Set and when to not use Set:

OP
OP
S

Scallopking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry. I missed your question.
I put a CO2 scrubber on my system before and got the ph up past 8.4. I couldn’t keep up with alk demand and took it off months ago. I just tried running the scrubber over the weekend and got the ph to 8.2 and turned it off and no skimmer. I observed it keep 8.2 until the lights off. Since I don’t have a valve to switch between CO2 and room air I figured I could manage it this way.

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry. I missed your question.
I put a CO2 scrubber on my system before and got the ph up past 8.4. I couldn’t keep up with alk demand and took it off months ago. I just tried running the scrubber over the weekend and got the ph to 8.2 and turned it off and no skimmer. I observed it keep 8.2 until the lights off. Since I don’t have a valve to switch between CO2 and room air I figured I could manage it this way.
i knew you had bigger intentions so i had to ask :p
Climate are obviously going to be different for most of us but for me opening a window usually has massive effect on my ph during the summer months. I'm curious if that will have any effect on your system.
ps. i do appreciate the explanation and am happy you didn't take my cheekiness personally.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back