SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OOps! Forgot "Don't Ask Don't Tell"
Reef Builders had a Article that IM is teasing of a 60 or 70 gallon drop-off tank...Must be popular:rolleyes:
Innovative Marine really is making some neat tanks with the new INT and EXT and the large deep dimension tanks. You don't have a link to that article do you?

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ember, the blenny, has been out some today. I put some nori(not the TLF sea veggies I usually feed, I ran out. This is actual sushi nori for people, same stuff just comes from the grocery store, and bigger sheets) on the clip. I watched her come out and get a few bits and explore some of the rock. Tried to get closer for a picture and she went straight into her hole she claimed from Aku.

20190215_173737-01.jpeg

Speaking of Aku....

20190215_152541.jpg

He's been searching today... he may or may not have looked at Ember with hungry eyes(;SingingWith these hungry eyes, One look at you and I can't disguise;Singing). LOL

He got a very large piece of squid. When I say very large I mean almost the size of Ember. That should keep him full for a week.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's out and about exploring more now that Aku has his belly full and is hiding under the rock. Still, very cautious of her surroundings and doesnt trust the huge fish, somehow holding a holding the black box with its fins up to the invisible wall.

20190215_175730.jpg

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So she's timid and took his hole too? I like her!
Yep, completely ignored the barnacles I added. Aku did vacate the place in favor of the sandy underside of the same rock... she just moved in behind him.

Last edited:

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll bet she loves the nook Aku has already made! She is very cute! I'm happy she made it! @NY_Caveman recently had a near frozen little guy survive.

Yep. I think he may still be thawing out.
BA03CC25-363A-450C-8C3A-24E3C488F50B.jpeg

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. I think he may still be thawing out.
BA03CC25-363A-450C-8C3A-24E3C488F50B.jpeg
Love those little guys. It took my Ember two days to finally come out and explore. Probably helped that I added a temporary light until out Nano box comes in. No tank lights tend to make fish cryptic even if there is ambient light in the room.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About the same for ours. Picasso hid in the rocks for 2-3 days and is now out all the time. Funny that all of my fish are aware of each other except I have never seen them even notice him once.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
About the same for ours. Picasso hid in the rocks for 2-3 days and is now out all the time. Funny that all of my fish are aware of each other except I have never seen them even notice him once.

He almost looks like a mosaic. I might have to get one.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aku ate again last night, two small pieces of squid. Ember is becoming more confident. Still a little unsure of the huge fish with strange fins, she does come out and swim a little bit and loves her nori clip, but she doesn't run instantly anymore. Just when it pulls out the flat black rock. It likes to hold that thing all over the invisible wall and point it at her and Aku.

Still no Nanobox. That's the downside to custom made, it's not sitting in a warehouse waiting on me to click buy. Hopefully it comes in soon.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turtle found our income tax return, and went a little crazy.... I'd take my debit card from him, but he's kinda in my head.

New stuff! New Innovative Marine Mightyjet desktop sine wave return pump, new Autoaqua Smart AWC, two new Innovative Marine Wavelink desktop sine wave powerheads, inTank media basket and the clips to put the Red Sea screen top on.... and the thing I'm probably the most excited about is a Synergy reef 5 gallon ATO reservoir. I picked the Storm Cloud color, because... themed colors are the best!

storm_cloud-e1507772726922.jpg

All of our goodies should arrive next week, with maybe the ATO reservoir taking longer. I think they are made to order(and absolutely made in the US of A) so it may take a week or two. That means we can get rid of this ugly cover in favor of a much more form fitting one. After that we will only be waiting on the Nanobox Duo light. For now, I have a 24" 2 bulb T5 fixture sitting on the screen top just to relax the fish a bit. Ember, the blenny, seems to appreaciate some light during the day. I just noticed the diatom phase starting up this morning with the addition of the T5 about a week ago. I may run to one of my LFS and pick up a snail or three next week.

20190214_162640.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back