TWiSTED's Tank Build

TWiSTEDSOCiETY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the community and thought I would contribute to this thread.

Tank is currently 1year 2months old. It's been a long wait, but I am just starting to add corals now that the system is very stable. I also have a trident system, but it is currently taken offline and being sent to Neptune for maintenance. Pretty standard setup for most things. Heater, socks, PH Probe, return pump, ato, 2 doses (only 1 being used currently for water changes) the other one is in preparation for dosing alk, cal when needed, but probably won't be for awhile since my system does 1 gallon a day water changes and can probably keep up for quite some time when corals are small.

Display tank has the Apex Sky light, 2 gyro's, glass bottom and apex auto feeder (VERY LOUD). 2 clown fish and 1 Salifin Tang and clean up crews. I also have a mangrove in the sump with sump light.

If anyone has suggestions or comments please feel free and thanks for allowing me to be part of the community.

IMG_2090.jpg IMG_2091.jpg IMG_2092.jpg IMG_2093.jpg

OP
OP
TWiSTEDSOCiETY

TWiSTEDSOCiETY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After collecting Zoa's for about 4 weeks now I finally say down and thought about how I wanted to plant my garden. Thing was is that I knew I didn't want to glue the frags in place on some rock cause I eventually will need to pull them out easier for fragging or other things. I really didn't want to just throw a piece of rock in there and try to fit some plugs in it and pray that they stay and I couldn't find a piece I liked anyways that fit my needs.

So I seen some Marine Pure bio-cubes that I had laying around from my tank build a year ago and had a bright idea. I could cut them in half and glue them together and then shape the grouping any way I wanted to. I could also then just hand drill the plug holes exactly where I wanted them.

This really was a cool project and I shaped it exactly the way I wanted it to be in my tank. I would definitely do this again and I might even do a whole aquascape some day with marine pure bricks stacked and treat it like a art sculpture. I've never seen this done before, but just the added bio-diversity of the material and the ease of sculpting, it was SO much fun.

Attachments

• IMG_2097.jpg
    IMG_2097.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2098.jpg
    IMG_2098.jpg
    439.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2099.jpg
    IMG_2099.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2100.jpg
    IMG_2100.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2101.jpg
    IMG_2101.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2102.jpg
    IMG_2102.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2103.jpg
    IMG_2103.jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2104.jpg
    IMG_2104.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2105.jpg
    IMG_2105.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 18

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After collecting Zoa's for about 4 weeks now I finally say down and thought about how I wanted to plant my garden. Thing was is that I knew I didn't want to glue the frags in place on some rock cause I eventually will need to pull them out easier for fragging or other things. I really didn't want to just throw a piece of rock in there and try to fit some plugs in it and pray that they stay and I couldn't find a piece I liked anyways that fit my needs.

So I seen some Marine Pure bio-cubes that I had laying around from my tank build a year ago and had a bright idea. I could cut them in half and glue them together and then shape the grouping any way I wanted to. I could also then just hand drill the plug holes exactly where I wanted them.

This really was a cool project and I shaped it exactly the way I wanted it to be in my tank. I would definitely do this again and I might even do a whole aquascape some day with marine pure bricks stacked and treat it like a art sculpture. I've never seen this done before, but just the added bio-diversity of the material and the ease of sculpting, it was SO much fun.
this is a great idea! Next time maybe ill pick up the full pack of marine pure cubes. I was worried I wouldn't be able to use them, so I got the smaller quantities from algaebarn.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back