Two tanks two lights two remotes - how to operate seperately?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all,

I have two tanks in the same room. Both have Reef Breeders Photon V2+ lights. Both will run different spectrum intensities. How can I configure the remotes so that they operate only one light? Right now, if I press power, both lights turn on/off. Looking for ideas or how to.

Thanks!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

If you have multiple V2+ in the same area, the remotes will invariably interfere with each other. In order to run them on their own individual programs, there is a little trick.

The lights save the program internally, so they don’t need constant input from the remote. So you can simply plug them in and program individually with all other lights unplugged.

1. Unplug every light except for the one you intend to program.
  2. Program your light fully, then put the remote out of reach and do not touch it while other lights are plugged in.
  3. Repeat this step with each light/bank of lights you want on it’s own schedule
  4. Once all lights are programmed, secure the remotes where they won’t be touched. Touching a button on the remote will sync all plugged in light to that one remote.

OP
OP
SliceGolfer

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent, thanks for the prompt reply. I performed the steps as you outline them and it works perfectly. So then going forward, when performing maintenance that requires powering off the lights, would you advise unplugging the lights versus using the remotes? I see the lights power back up to the appropriate schedule, so I'm thinking this is how I would manage it.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent, thanks for the prompt reply. I performed the steps as you outline them and it works perfectly. So then going forward, when performing maintenance that requires powering off the lights, would you advise unplugging the lights versus using the remotes? I see the lights power back up to the appropriate schedule, so I'm thinking this is how I would manage it.
Yes, if you unplug them or put them on a controlled outlet- they will resume their settings when powered back up. The remote is for programming only- once you set the program the lights save it and have a real time clock built in. In the future- our wireless app will allow for programming different lights separately, or grouping them together if desired.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back