Tys IM Nuvo 15

ShaunMc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spin Streams noise level just dropped dramatically. Was listening to it click and suddenly it almost silent. Been about an hour now and silence.

Sound didn’t really bother me. My hearings not great anymore.
How long did it take? I pulled mine out and swapped it for the vivid RFG dual nano.

ShaunMc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not work the effort to keep levels unnecessarily high. Love the idea. It would
Fit in the display tank.

Need to get a ATO. Just tapped out right now.

I’m just using the bottle holder one from Amazon for now, until I finish out ATO later.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inkbird temp controller added. Happy with it. I have the heaters dial set 86
as a safety.

Excuse the wires. Lol

. image.jpg

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been fighting some algae on the sand. Looks stringy and kinda like dinos. Been feeding extra the last week. On biweekly WC of 3-4 gallons.

Added a tiger conch. Wow. Cleans the sand big time. Still some remnants of algae around but looks better.

No aggression issues with matron clown and wrasse.

dang Pistol shrimp keeps stealing a mushroom that’s on a small piece of rubble. He is relentless in going for it.

I have still not run a single test on this tank. I watch salinity and how the tank looks/growth.
I don’t want to chase numbers.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a bottle holder ato. Need something. I also ordered the 10 watt IM UV light.
UV is more for just in case but I will run it Should I set it on a timer for maybe 12 hours daily?

ShaunMc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a bottle holder ato. Need something. I also ordered the 10 watt IM UV light.
UV is more for just in case but I will run it Should I set it on a timer for maybe 12 hours daily?

with a 500ml Evian bottle, i get just over 24 hours out of it. Your might get different outcome, but just thought i'd let you know. i got 3 days with a 1L smartwater bottle. it just doesn't thread well to that ATO cap.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will arrive tomorrow so I’ll see how it goes. Have a 4 day weekend. Back to work on Monday

ShaunMc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running it about 1", maybe 1 1/2" below the 2nd chamber. The bubble magnus skimmer water level is the 2nd chamber, so I'd have to stay below it. But that doesn't happen w/ the return is off, so I also turn off the skimmer when the return is off.

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering where the level should be because I just put water in my IM 15 yesterday and I have the level in the return chamber alittle lower then the second chamber. But I don't know what the right level is. Thanks

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running it about 1", maybe 1 1/2" below the 2nd chamber. The bubble magnus skimmer water level is the 2nd chamber, so I'd have to stay below it. But that doesn't happen w/ the return is off, so I also turn off the skimmer when the return is off.
Will the BM skimmer fit in the 3rd chamber. I’m getting the IM10 watt uv light today. Takes the 2nd chamber out of the picture

Back