Uh oh.. Will it hold?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no way in heck I would set up that tank. The panel must have shifted 1/2 way into the silicon curing. The strength is absolutely compromised....

jurgenph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious - if you're 'sure it will hold' should would you request that they exchange it.

because i'm making some assumptions that it was built poorly, and not "shifted during curing"
it is still a silicone to glass bond, just because it's not visually pleasing will it reduce the bond strength.

but i would not pay for "poorly built", or ugly to look at.
so, replace it :)

ps: to the OP.
if you're out in the middle on nowhere, order from amazon, returns are easy peasy.

J.

Last edited:

jtl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having built a few tanks I would get a massive refund and probably rebuild it but if you haven't done that kind of project before than I would press for a new tank.

OP
OP
actik

actik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah thanks everyone for the input... currently trying to get a refund, sent text, tried calling.. will just have to show up tomorrow.

OP
OP
actik

actik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, LFS took the aquarium back, offered to trade it for their display one but it was just as poorly made. Asked to see her books where she orders so i can prob just pick a whole different aquarium/accessories if needed to use up my credit... waiting for her to get back to me. lol

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, LFS took the aquarium back, offered to trade it for their display one but it was just as poorly made. Asked to see her books where she orders so i can prob just pick a whole different aquarium/accessories if needed to use up my credit... waiting for her to get back to me. lol

If your LFS doesnt want to give you a quality NEW tank for replacement then contact Fluval directly and let them know what is going on.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunate. That's terrible workmanship.

Is it new? Is it used?

If it is new, I'd dispute the charge with my credit card company.

If it is used, I don't know there is much you can do as used items are sold "as is".

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dont know whether it will 'hold or not' - but I wouldnt accept it. You should ask them to pay for return shipping - as well. If they disagree - do a chargeback with your CC

kiMxD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just make sure to take your MONEY BACK, do not accept "credit" for the return of this "aquarium".

OP
OP
actik

actik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, LFS never got back to me or answered messages so i contacted Fluval, they had called the LFS today and they left me this message. ...imo the display aquarium was as bad as the one i was sold.

"Hi James, Hagen give me a call this morning. They were surprise about your request because the aquarium on the stand look normal. Those aquarium are made in factory so it's possible they are not perfect but it still good and won't break. But they will look to send me the best they have. I will call you when i will receive it."

Back