Dazza0685

Dazza0685

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys.

Sorry for the lack of updates, progress is happening very slowly, the tank currently sits with the water level around 10mm below the weir at the moment as i still am waiting for even more plumbing parts, It has taken me by surprise just how much plumbing this tank needs and its costing a fortune!.

Hopefully the cycle is at least starting very slowly at the moment so thats something good, I am hoping that by next weekend i can get the sump and tank connected together and finish the fill, I estimate there is around 11-1200L in the tank currently with another 400L to be added yet.

Sorry its not the most exciting update.

Thanks for looking.

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see another addiction. Festools. It's like reefing, you buy one to start and you just keep buying more.....

Great build!

OP
OP
Dazza0685

Dazza0685

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see another addiction. Festools. It's like reefing, you buy one to start and you just keep buying more.....

Great build!

Haha guilty as charged! Thanks for the comment.

OP
OP
Dazza0685

Dazza0685

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the lack of updates.

The tank is finally running! The fish and corals are in and all is looking good. Unfortunately due to only having my phone camera at the moment i have no photos as they all come out horribly blue.

I will aim to get photos up asap.

chriscq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the lack of updates.

The tank is finally running! The fish and corals are in and all is looking good. Unfortunately due to only having my phone camera at the moment i have no photos as they all come out horribly blue.

I will aim to get photos up asap.
I'm looking forward to the pictures!

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear there is water in there. I lost track of your thread for a little while. Glad to have found it again, awesome looking build!

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a beautiful stand you built sir... Excellent craftsmanship! That tank also looks very impressive! Looking forward to seeing more!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked back in, that is a lot of progress. Good thing happen over time:).

OP
OP
Dazza0685

Dazza0685

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Dazza0685

Dazza0685

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I am around in the daytime today I figured i'd try and take a few shots with my phone to show the early stages of the tank, Unfortunately they are not great photos but it should give an idea of how it looks.

Firstly here is a shot of how crowded it has become behind the tank now the plumbing is all completed. It was certainly no easy feat getting all pipes and valves installed but they are done now.

Here are a couple of updated shots of my messy sump area that I need to tidy up now. I have to say the RD3 230W pumps are absolutely brilliant, I am running the return at only 150w which is the maximum for now as the filter rolls can not cope with any more flow. I will revise this area of the filtration in the future but its working well for now.
My skimmer has just started to bed in after the first week of not really doing anything.

These pictures show the 2 back compartments of the stand, the left hand side houses the CL pump which currently is barely ticking over a 50W, The right hand side has 2 drawers fitted which house all my supplements and test kits etc.
I am yet to order the door and drawer fronts to finish this off.

Here are some photos of the tank, sorry they are not up to the standard of most of the photography on here, I will work on that in time. You can see the tank is going through its Diatom stage now.
Also i need more sand!

Thanks for looking.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you are using Aqua-forest. I started using Aqua-forest at the end of January, and really like the difference is my system. What wood did you use for the stand?

OP
OP
Dazza0685

Dazza0685

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you are using Aqua-forest. I started using Aqua-forest at the end of January, and really like the difference is my system. What wood did you use for the stand?

Hi, Yes i have been using Aquaforest for a little while now so will stick with it on the new tank and see how it goes.

As for the stand its all European Oak beams.

Thanks

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One word....AWESOME!!!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 136 41.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 165 49.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 30 9.1%
Back