0   0   0
20200126_220339.jpg

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any more people from UK?
Aye up mate! Your cousin from Canada over here! My parents immigrated from Yorkshire in the 70s and the rest of my aunts, uncles, cousins, granny all live in the UK still. Was just in London UK in January to tour around for a few days, and then spent another 6 days in the Yorkshire countryside. Went to Halifax, Howarth, and surrounding. We lucked out with decent weather and minimal rain. Used the umbrella once in the 10 days over there.

The Dog & Gunn in Oxenhope is my favourite restaurant when we go. I always get the duck! Highly recommend!! Your food is lovely over there. Everything is so fresh.

I try to visit "home" every few years, last was 2015 then again Jan 2020. I will always consider myself 'British' even though I was born here in Canada.

OP
OP
PaddSter

PaddSter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys.. It's weird!
Yesterday I got my gorgonian on the piece of rock it was attached to. I've spotted something that looks a bit like dead torch coral skeleton. And it even has little line that appears to be mouth. Not sure what it is. I thought it was dead baby torch coral.
Today I have attended my feeding. As usually I have added 1ml of amino acids beforehand to make sure all the corals and fish know that it is dinner time!
I have looked at that little stony skeleton and I've noticed after a day in my tank it looks alive.
But you know that feeling you just discovered something new and you hope it's something cool but you have no clue what it is? Well after adding amino acids it showed some signs of live. It extended se-through little tentacles so I thought.. Oh how cool?!
IMG_20200221_182955_HDR.jpg

And now food time!
It actually grabbed little piece of frozen food and slowly sucked it inside!
IMG_20200221_184410_HDR.jpg

What the heck is this?!
It has definitely stony skeleton and very small, but visible with naked eye, ridges/ teeth on the edge of skeleton. A bit like torch, hammer or frogspawn!
20200221_174325.jpg

Anyone have any ideas what it possibly may be?

OP
OP
PaddSter

PaddSter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible it could be something like Oculina robusta?

It does look like a bit poorly hidden cup coral. I'm hoping it's not bad buy and can grow into nice looking colony :D
If it is what I think it is..

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any more people from UK?
Yep me, am a Scouser now living in North Wales, Connah's Quay to be precise. I am quite new to the hobby ...about 39 years reefing now. I am also on UR of course, under a different name, you may well be as well. My new tank is work in progress so long way to go with this one yet.
20200219_171310.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back