Ultimate balling light accessory

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To compliment the very successfull balling light method I had a good friend manufacture the perfect accessory.

Each vessel is 2.5 gallons and is independent of one another. A removable lid for easy access and a rigid tube to draw from the bottom. PERFECT!

photo-1.jpg

ballingchambers.jpg

Fauna Marin balling salt vessels 2.5 gal :: Balling salts :: Fauna Marin :: Cherry Corals

The perfect doser for delivering the balling method independant of a Profiux controller. You can add a standard doser and control up to eight pumps and dose as little as 1ml. Can be used for auto top off, auto water change, dosing of trace elements, and probiotic systems such as ultralith.
113849DosingUnit4SA_500x300.jpg

Profilux standalone doser (3) pump :: Profilux dosing pumps :: GHL / Profilux :: Cherry Corals
74d35f845633c3dce3ccd7c78ffe369a.gif

GHL profilux dosing pump (4) :: Profilux dosing pumps :: GHL / Profilux :: Cherry Corals

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome-is it possible to have a bigger reservoir built and who carries the liquids-thanks

OP
OP
CherryCorals

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 gallon containers in production as well. The salts are in dry form(which saves on shipping). Ultra trace B are available in 250 ml liquid form.

I carry all of it!
http://www.cherrycorals.com/equipment/home.php?cat=137

Balling salt packages will be changed to include:

1kg alkalinity
4kg Magnesium Hexahydrate
1kg Magnesium Heptahydrate
4kg Calcium Chloride

This is enough to make one batch for the XL containers or two batches for the standard sized containers.

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh I see-do you happen to have a tutorial for using these products by chance-just trying to get my mind around the cost factor once you have all the equipment-thanks

OP
OP
CherryCorals

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the basics

In first container
put 2 kilogram Calcium Chloride-Dihydrate into 5 litres of reverse-osmosis water

In second container
put 2 kilogram Magnesium Chloride-Hexahydrate in 5 liter reverse-osmosis water and
250 gram Magnesium Sulfate-Heptahydrate

In third container
put 500 gram sodium hydrogen carbonate in 5 liter reverse-osmosis water

It is also a good idea to get best benefits to dose stronitum complex and iodine and heavy metal complex Ultra trace B 1 2 3

Add the trace elements only in can 1 and 2

Add to container 1
(to the Calcium Chloride-Dihydrate) 25ml of the strontium-complex and 25ml of the heavy-metal-complex.

To container 2
(to the magnesium) you add 25ml of the Iodine-Fluorine Complex.

Now you can start dosing, start to check how much Solution you need to raise up one parameter So you start with 50 ml of Solution 1 calcium Check and the level 2 hours later Now you know how much 50 ml Sol 1 brings calcium in your tank and you can calculate the required dosing rate

The same you do with the MG part and dKH

After one week you will know how much your system depletes the calcium and other elements and you can adjust the dosing to suit. It really only take about 10 days of checking to get a perfectly balanced system.

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you-that helps alot-I gotta try this on my system in the future- there's alot of awesome tanks balling-

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back