Ultra Algae X

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
makes me nervous to see such a high spike in Nitrates today. did my usual biweekly tests and went from undetectable to >4ppm as per Red Sea test. PO4 came up some also. I would guess this is natural. This is after my 3rd dose.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Yes, Algae X is the exact product as Dino X. We just decided to change the name to show that our products gets rid of Dino also. This is what the bottle looks like:

attachment.php

evmibo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well,
Dino's are gone but I lost one coral to RTN, 2 more STN'ing. Started up GAC after 48hrs from the last dose. Did a waterchange 48hrs after the last dose. All other corals have lost their color and for the most part are some shade of brown now. I'm not sure if I should be happy or not, I was hoping to not lose any corals and for them to keep their color. Hoping to see improvements over the next couple of weeks (also hope Dinos don't come back)...

Marty.h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My corals lost a bit of colour but they will come back give them time it's probably been stressful for everything in the tank and water paramiters would not of been the best.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evmibo,

Sorry about the losses you are having. It looks like you had an aggressive strain of Dino which released toxins as it died off.

Dino X is most effective on Dino at its early stages as it lessens the risk to corals being exposed to this toxin.

I will give you some foods and water treatment products to help you out. Send me a PM when you get a chance.

Marty.h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I'm aware it will kill sponges and will kill cheato

Nuno Ribeirinho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there.
I´ve been struggling with dinos too, in the last 2 months.
I bought 250ml Dinox bottle, and I've been dosing 30ml every 2 days, my reef has 600lt. Last nigth it was my 3rd dose.
My dinos population reduced 90% in this 3 doses (six days).
Two days ago i found my urchin Mespilia Globulus dead, i thougth is was from the dead dinos, maybe he eat it :)
Today my wife cal me from home, telling me that our 2 Lysmata Amboinensis were dead.

I´m planning to make a water change today of 200lts.
What do you think? Should i turn my GFO e GAC again?

Thanks

Marty.h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have said several times in this thread that I lost all my shrimp and some crabs. Urchins will also be killed by algae x.

Don't change any water and continue with treatment or it could come back.

If you are afraid of loosing anymore inverts ect see of your LFS can house them I did warn all about the losses i had with it but ended up with no dino

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blasto_master,

Dino X will harm sponges. Please remove it before starting your first dose.

Nuno,

Inverts can be harmed during the treatment so it is best to remove them before starting. No water changes or GFO must be run during treatment. Please read our full manual on our website for a list of what can be done and what cannot.

As Marty.h suggested, bring your inverts to a LFS, that way you don't put the inverts at risk.

micromount

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had a outbreak of Hair Alga. Used the Algae X for 10 doses. Got rid of some but popped up in other areas.
I just did the 1st water change since I started using it.

How long a time period to wait to do another set of dosing. Thanks.

Marty.h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would personally not use algae x for hair algae as it will put strain on your system when things like hair algae can be dealt with by nutrient export as in plenty of water changes and keep your phosphate and nitrates low and adding like cheato to your sump. If your system is fairly new hair algae is all part of the process of a tank establishing it's self also up the flow in the areas you having issues.

Yes algae x will kill hair algae but chemical removal of hair algae in my opinion is a last resort as I said above get the unwanted nutrients out of the water and it will starve to death if you have them nutrients present in high numbers it will just return where as dinoflagellate is a pain to get rid of and the use of algae x is justified to remove dinoflagellate

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHA grows on coral reefs where nutrients are not an issue you know.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back