Ultrasonic cleaner

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw brs used it to clean pumps. A few others. I bought one. Like brs. I used it for 30 min with my tunze 6095 that is covered in Coraline. Didn't work. Any tips? I'm using 1c citric acid per g of rodi. Retrying with 1.5c.

I have the setting to 40*c and 30min. Lol. I figured it would just come out new. Nope so far lol it isn't saving time if I have to run it 2 hours or have to scrub or scrap with a razor blade. Shah

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't used an ultrasonic cleaner, but I really haven't had the need for one.

I use 1cup citric acid to 1 gal freshwater in a bucket....place the pump in there for a few hours, return...rinse and scrub off with a brush. They are as clean as the day I bought them and no scraping required. The coraline algae just melts right off or rubs right off.

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t imagine how an ultrasonic cleaner is going to work with SW equipment. Most of the problems we are dealing with are chemical bonds, e.g. corraline algae. You can ‘buzz’ it all you want, it won’t change. What does work is chemical solutions like Citric acid.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back