Unable to log into my GHL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Saith

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to use my old iPad as a monitor for the P4 system, but the MyGHL app won't stay logged in and I always have to redo the initial setup process like kenchilada said. Pretty disappointing.

However on my phone, which is android, it stays logged in and goes right to the My Devices page when I open the app.

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their iPhone/iPad app is annoying.
It'll log you out on a failed log in attempt, and often completely remove the myGHL profile from the app.
You can however set the myGHL profile as the default somewhere in the settings page.

Another annoying thing is that when the device fails to connect to the internet it'll sometimes remove the link to the myGHL account, requiring to locally log in to the device itself and set it up again.

I haven't done this yet, but my plan is to setup a VPN connection to my local network, so that even if it unlinks the myGHL account I'll still be able to log in locally.

I also somewhat reversed engineer their annoying communication protocol with myGHL and if I ever find the time to do so I may end up writing my own code to collect and store data, as well as a better iPhone app to communicate with it.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Mac logged in at the same time as the iPhone attempting to access the device?

Second is the Mac connecting to internal IP and the iPhone through myGHL?

Not sure why you need to reverse engineer as they have a API now :)

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured out that when I am on my phone I am sent to a different web address GHL (international) and can't log in. I found this out because I went to that same site on the Mac and couldn't log in .

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Mac logged in at the same time as the iPhone attempting to access the device?

The issues I personally encountered were with the myGHL connection, without any additional connection being made from any other device.

And I didn't know about the API, I reversed engineer their protocol about 6 months ago when I first got my KHD setup.
All information I found about an API were unfulfilled promises from GHL from years ago, good to know they finally opened up and made it public.
I'll look into it, thank you.

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured out that when I am on my phone I am sent to a different web address GHL (international) and can't log in. I found this out because I went to that same site on the Mac and couldn't log in .
That's interesting.

I had an encounter where both the app and the website were not responding for a couple of days due to server side issues, perhaps they have an ongoing issue at the moment?
Have you tried contacting their support?

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so first of all I just checked my app and it connects fine to myGHL.
I assume it either connects to their international or Europe dedicated servers because I'm located in Israel.

Are you able to connect to the device locally?
Were you ever been able to connect to myGHL at all?

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes I found it on my phone and got myghl. I can only connect locally if I physically select p4 hotspot on my device and the yellow light comes on on the profilux. Is that what you mean by connecting locally?

I have to go to work so Ill be off here a while

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't own a Profilux but a a KHD with a standalone doser, however the same should applies for both.

It sounds to me like you never connected the device to your home network in the first place, because otherwise you wouldn't need to use a hotspot to log in but use the internal network IP address instead.

I don't remember the exact steps required to setup the network connection, but from what I remember I had to connect to the device though the hotspot using their windows app (which was a pain, because I own Macs) and than going to the network settings and entering my WiFi SSID and password.
After this the device would shut off the access point and will attempt to connect to the network, if successful you'll be able to see some sort of indication on the device itself (A green light on the KHD/Doser in my case, you may also have a screen showing the IP address).

Once this is done, you should be able to log in from within your local network and link the device to your myGHL account, this can be done both from the mobile app and from the computer.

Hope this helps, GHL has plenty of documentation on their site and YouTube channel, you may want to look over there as well.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not having any issues logging into my P4 or Mitras via wifi on my iPhone using the GHL Connect app.
I can even be connected through MyGHL on my mac's web browser at the same time.

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry for hijacking this thread again, but do you happen to have any link with documentation or info about the API?
Because I couldn't find any useful information with google.

Thank you.

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for hijacking this thread again, but do you happen to have any link with documentation or info about the API?
Because I couldn't find any useful information with google.

Thank you.
I didn’t mind except that I thought he was responding to me when he was talking about reverse engineering and API…don’t have a clue what either are so I was super confused. If he had tagged you in his post it would have saved me some confusion and a response

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back