Unboxing Diver's Den order

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Do not allow shipping water to enter tank" as you dip your hand into the bucket and place a nem (full of shipping water) into tank lol. I would not recommend drip acclimating anything either, can lead to ammonia spike in water.

Cool video :) takes away my need to order something now lol

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post pics of the clam you got vs the clam pic they sold you online? Been looking for a clam and DD seems to have some pretty ones but I’m always scared of color editing and don’t wanna drop $100 on a brown clam. Also, did that anemone attach?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Acclimate well. Float and pour out bag and contents into a clean bucket and drip or add a cup of tank water every 15 minutes 8x
Check salinity in bucket before introducing to tank

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just add a few drops of something like Prime and ammonia isn't a problem for the drip time. That's what I do, and most the fish I've gotten shipped are back to normal in a few hours. I do 30-45 minute light acclimation too.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just add a few drops of something like Prime and ammonia isn't a problem for the drip time. That's what I do, and most the fish I've gotten shipped are back to normal in a few hours. I do 30-45 minute light acclimation too.

Good call

OP
OP
Coralsdaily

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Do not allow shipping water to enter tank" as you dip your hand into the bucket and place a nem (full of shipping water) into tank lol. I would not recommend drip acclimating anything either, can lead to ammonia spike in water.

Cool video :) takes away my need to order something now lol
haha well you know what I mean about not allowing the shipping water into tank water.
And why would you not recommend drip acclimation? How do you acclimate if you don't mind sharing?

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha well you know what I mean about not allowing the shipping water into tank water.
And why would you not recommend drip acclimation? How do you acclimate if you don't mind sharing?

It’s just the shipping water is exposed to oxygen and potentially making ammonia more lethal.

You clearly know what you are doing though, beautiful tank, keep doing what you do haha[/QUOTE]

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post pics of the clam you got vs the clam pic they sold you online? Been looking for a clam and DD seems to have some pretty ones but I’m always scared of color editing and don’t wanna drop $100 on a brown clam. Also, did that anemone attach?
Don’t think anyone imports brown clams. Most clams are going to be blue or a light green.

OP
OP
Coralsdaily

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post the pic of the clam as soon as it is fully acclimated and open. I also will say that my lighting is a lot more "blue" vs. Divers Den's photo, which I believe is taken at a much warmer color temperature.

OP
OP
Coralsdaily

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t think anyone imports brown clams. Most clams are going to be blue or a light green.
The clam I got looked like a bright yellow on DD's page, but viewing under my (very blue) lighting the gold isn't as pronounced, but am surprised to find a pinkish hue on the part that appeared green/brown on the original photo.

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clam I got looked like a bright yellow on DD's page, but viewing under my (very blue) lighting the gold isn't as pronounced, but am surprised to find a pinkish hue on the part that appeared green/brown on the original photo.
Clans are not great looking under actinics

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it depends on the color. I agree the blue ones typically don't look pretty under actinic color. But you may be surprised by some of the darker morphs.
I have a friend who imports clams (clamania) and visit the other La importer Fairly frequently, but we all have our preferences

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back