Under Construction

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A high phosphate concentration in and of itself will not necessarily cause an algal bloom. A shortage of,say, iron even in the presence of all other necessary nutrients will prevent algal growths. It's called Liebig's Law of the Minimum. Did you get your test results confirmed?

OP
OP
MightyMO

MightyMO

"The Algae made me do it!!!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed a booster today...

15959005576511554553315.jpg

OP
OP
MightyMO

MightyMO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dana Riddle, I am going in to town on friday... I will take a water sample with me to the local fish store to get it checked... Going to run numbers tonight to see where I am at... I drilled a hole through my living room floor to see where my pipes will land in the basement ceiling... Looking good so far... Going to run by home depot or Lowes to see if I can come up with something to make the area where the pvc pipe goes through the floor look clean... Will have 2 pipes going through it, if anyone has any ideas on how to make that happen, let me know...

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dana Riddle, I am going in to town on friday... I will take a water sample with me to the local fish store to get it checked... Going to run numbers tonight to see where I am at... I drilled a hole through my living room floor to see where my pipes will land in the basement ceiling... Looking good so far... Going to run by home depot or Lowes to see if I can come up with something to make the area where the pvc pipe goes through the floor look clean... Will have 2 pipes going through it, if anyone has any ideas on how to make that happen, let me know...
Ask for escutcheons in the plumbing departments. Hopefully personnel are trained to know what those are...

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
MightyMO

MightyMO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard plumbing is done... Leveled off the sump also. I'm not a plumber so this was a major task for me... Multiple trips to the hardware store and I also had to cut a section out because it was jacked up... Boy am I glad that's done!!!

20200811_183327.jpg 20200811_183308.jpg 20200811_183317.jpg 20200811_183231.jpg

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it's broke in, need to figure out how to set it properly now...
I find the sweet spot for that skimmer is 8 1/4", then you need adjust the main output (rotating large tube) until your bubbles are breaking at the cup connection point. Set you fine level adjustment to half way, then tweak that for the next couple days or so, until it levels off. I'm actually going to sell mine and buy a Deltec 600i (I love my Nyos, but I think I need something different?). Of course, I'm just in the thinking part and haven't fully committed to buying it yet, but I really want to. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
MightyMO

MightyMO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find the sweet spot for that skimmer is 8 1/4", then you need adjust the main output (rotating large tube) until your bubbles are breaking at the cup connection point. Set you fine level adjustment to half way, then tweak that for the next couple days or so, until it levels off. I'm actually going to sell mine and buy a Deltec 600i (I love my Nyos, but I think I need something different?). Of course, I'm just in the thinking part and haven't fully committed to buying it yet, but I really want to. :rolleyes:
So set my water depth to 8 1/4"???

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 83 87.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back