OP
MightyMO

MightyMO

"The Algae made me do it!!!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran a full work up of numbers today. Here's what I got.
Phosphates came back up from lanthanum chloride dose months back. Went ahead and gave it another dose. Ongoing battle for me... But I'll win... lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201221-161639.jpg
    Screenshot_20201221-161639.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 45

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a pearly jawfish and 4 bergia nudibranchs last night... Hoping this will clear up my aptasia problem I'm having...
Peppermint shrimp ate most of the Aiptasia I had. Dropping a sodium hydroxide pellet on the rest squared the issue away.

OP
OP
MightyMO

MightyMO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint shrimp ate most of the Aiptasia I had. Dropping a sodium hydroxide pellet on the rest squared the issue away.
The 4 nudi I put in there are gonna take a while to make a difference... My aptasia problem is almost out of hand... 1 thing after another on this tank... lol

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also, I was using red sea aptasia x... That did nothing but make it worse... that was well before I added the nudis...
Aiptasia X only works if you have one or two and you can completely cover them, but that's rarely the case. Peppermints work, but they come with their own set of problems. I have a couple berghia in my tank now, they do a great job, just takes time.

OP
OP
MightyMO

MightyMO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally off recent subject, but, I'm thinking of supplementing my lighting with either reefbrite blues on both sides of the tank or orphek blues or violets. Wanting to get my reef tank friends opinion on this topic. @Dana Riddle , @minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Totally off recent subject, but, I'm thinking of supplementing my lighting with either reefbrite blues on both sides of the tank or orphek blues or violets. Wanting to get my reef tank friends opinion on this topic. @Dana Riddle , @minus9
I really like the Orphek blue plus bars, they compliment my Kessil's rather well. Reefbrites are supposed to be really good, but I don't have any experience with them. I'm actually thinking about removing the lenses on one of my Orphek's to test the spread and par difference. I have mine mounted a little closer than they should be, so spread is more important to me.

OP
OP
MightyMO

MightyMO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the Orphek blue plus bars, they compliment my Kessil's rather well. Reefbrites are supposed to be really good, but I don't have any experience with them. I'm actually thinking about removing the lenses on one of my Orphek's to test the spread and par difference. I have mine mounted a little closer than they should be, so spread is more important to me.
Do you have any input on the orphek violets with uv???

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have any input on the orphek violets with uv???
No, but honestly, I think there's enough violet and UV in the blue plus bars and for the money, the blue plus gets you more coverage and punch. You can also get a custom configured blue plus bar(s) too. So if you want to swap out a few diodes for more uv or violet, you can. I run my Kessil's around 30% color during the peak period, so the combo of blue plus and Kessil is a nice mix. Plus, I run the violet on my Kessil's at 100% during peak times for extra punch.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Trying to figure out some supplemental lights to put on my display... wanting something that will help with shading in my tank...
You'll love the Orphek bars

OP
OP
MightyMO

MightyMO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How has kessil’s H80 worked out? Are you happy with it? I have a very limited amount of space and I am considering this light for the refugium. And your lid how’s that working for ya? I was going to go that rout but people were saying it blocks to much light.
It ended up working great and is still working great... Growing chaeto algae like crazy!!! Constantly harvesting it out of my refugium...

OP
OP
MightyMO

MightyMO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank is doing ok... Been handling a lot of other issues in my life but I have kept it running. I disappeared for awhile... But I think I want to get it looking good again... It takes a lot of focus to keep these things running great, ask anyone in the forums!!! Hope everyone is doing well!!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back