Understanding Vibrant: Algaefix, Polixetonium Chloride / Busan 77

avidhexagrammid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As to all the other assays, they just add to the idea that algaefix and vibrant perform the same in every way tested. They are not the same level of proof as NMR and IR, and need not be.
They're literally inconclusive. They do not add to anything except a snowballing confirmation bias.

Edit: I should clarify that I don't think that was what @taricha intended.

Last edited:
OP
OP
taricha

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here's the overlay between @jda 13C data and what I received. Pretty much speaks for itself.
13C nmr overlay.png

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're not really in a position to be making inferences about friendliness. I'm sorry that questions are so scary for you.
Pretty sure that I am pretty friendly but that is probably just my own confirmation bias.

Questions don't scare me. Misinformation does.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This indicates they were duped by a third party.

It also says the story of UWC creating it was totally false as well.

It equally indicates they may want us to believe they were duped by a third party.
speaking for myself: I’ve lied before and probably will do so again in the future …
so I’m just “theorizing” here…..so no matter how unlikely it is, it’s possible that they simply lied to make a buck….again, I’m going waaay out in left field here

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel free to point out where I have misinformed you.
Every one of your post have been an effort to cast doubt on to the testing performed. Not once have you acknowledged the work put into this. Skepticism is fine when it is balanced with the facts. I don't need to point it out. You and everyone else knows what you are doing.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s funny when a new member comes on board to this forum or any other forum when it’s a hot topic and that new member comes to an exact thread and only posts to that said thread…usually new members post all over…sorry but it’s maybe why I will continue to ignore said new member…and will not take him serious especially when they question a person who is held high esteem in this hobby…and my guess he won’t be here too much longer

avidhexagrammid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every one of your post have been an effort to cast doubt on to the testing performed. Not once have you acknowledged the work put into this. Skepticism is fine when it is balanced with the facts. I don't need to point it out. You and everyone else knows what you are doing.
Science needs to be critiqued. That's how science works. It also usually happens in the absence of head pats but if it will make you feel better, I certainly do commend the efforts made by @taricha et al.

You're not being specific enough to substantiate your accusation of misinformation.

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Who do you propose I am? I made an account because this thread was brought up on reddit and I have questions. I obviously can't participate in this discussion via reddit, so here we are. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Can't poor water suppression cause interference in proton NMR? Mostly I'm mostly wondering about how sample conditions during preparation and analysis might influence certain results* because metabolite mixtures are apparently pretty sensitive in this regard and I'm not sure they've been systematically ruled out due to the approach that was taken.

*This is not a criticism of anyone's intelligence, technical skills, or character. I have no affiliation with or loyalty to UWC. Yes, I have read the other posts.
I wonder whether these are misleading. Are they? Are you being paid directly or indirectly by UWC to post here? Your posts strongly suggest that you are affiliated with UWC.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Science needs to be critiqued. That's how science works. It also usually happens in the absence of head pats but if it will make you feel better, I certainly do commend the efforts made by @taricha et al.

You're not being specific enough to substantiate your accusation of misinformation.
Pretty sure RHF has already done that multiple times. Muding the waters does not make the results any less clear.

Best of luck with you reef tank.

avidhexagrammid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s funny when a new member comes on board to this forum or any other forum when it’s a hot topic and that new member comes to an exact thread and only posts to that said thread…usually new members post all over…sorry but it’s maybe why I will continue to ignore said new member…and will not take him serious especially when they question a person who is held high esteem in this hobby…and my guess he won’t be here too much longer
You guys really need to stop assuming that asking questions and not immediately touting the same opinion is some sort of personal slight. It shows a lack of objectivity.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With acknowledgment that I might be feeding the trolls, and in an attempt to maybe ward off some in the future, we are past peer review and confirmation on this.

Since it looks like you either lack the knowledge, ability to critically think or have some other agenda beyond what appears on the surface, I might suggest that you put some skin in the game and have cholinium cation, or whatever, run through proton and carbon NMR if you feel that this quat response is what is being seen here. I laid out how to do this, including the costs. I will save you some trouble (and if you want to save some money) and reiterate that everything that you have posted so far does not matter since this particular quat was an exact match for a known one. Nobody is guessing. Your results will show a different compound, even if it is a quat. However, if you feel like it is important, then some local lab or university would probably love to help you out and make a bit of money. Beyond this, best probably to let the experts post, try and understand it and keep your questions to yourself while you get up to speed and maybe chime back in when you catch up.

To deny what we have identical compounds is to deny science. ...and if you are denying science, then what is all this for, anyway? The science is done here.

Anybody ever see Millers Crossing when the mob boss shows his kid which hand the penny is in and the kid still guesses the other hand every time? This reminds me of that.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys really need to stop assuming that asking questions and not immediately touting the same opinion is some sort of personal slight. It shows a lack of objectivity.
Nothing personal just like I’m not taking you seriously..you may post freely, but I suggest you may also want to go the route of social media and you tube where many from this hobby have now are warning to not touch vibrant…the work you are doing here will not do a thing

avidhexagrammid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder whether these are misleading. Are they? Are you being paid directly or indirectly by UWC to post here? Your posts strongly suggest that you are affiliated with UWC.
I wish I was being paid to engage here because you guys sure are exasperating. I can assure you though, I have no affiliation with UWC.

Before anyone asks again: no, I will not advertise my identity on a public forum to appease an angry mob, nor should I have to for my comments to be considered.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There is a difference between asking questions and spouting off nonsense.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.1%
Back